Fake Japanese Neo 2 Discovery packs on ebay

I’ve noticed a couple sellers with fake Japanese Neo 2 packs recently. Pretty easy to spot though, the top flap is completely smooth with no texture/checkering, and the bottom flap has weird crimping as well. And no crimp along the back flap either.

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-japanese-neo-discovery-booster-pack/143949655436?hash=item2184116d8c:g:1cMAAOSwUwRgIKUA

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&nordt=true&_ssn=rhous2&nma=true&hash=item46bdc1fe30%3Ag%3AECYAAOSwsKxf5jNa&item=303831318064&LH_Complete=1&orig_cvip=true&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&si=ijNk3UA0kQfyFXt7Or9iIHtz7zI%253D&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=pokemon&_sacat=0

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I’m a newer collector and recently bought a Neo 2 Japanese booster pack so had to double check mine. Fortunately mine looks good.

2 Likes

Description says,

"Sealed Pokemon Japanese Neo Discovery booster pack with guarunteed holo.

Sold as is to avoid a possible pack switch"

Really sucks if someone buys it and keeps it sealed and doesn’t open until way later when it’s too late. smh

These were all over mercari and tons of people were buying them then relisting them or it could have been multiple accounts from the same seller. really sad and these are pretty obvious but not to newer collectors I’m sure

2 Likes

Yes. All the same seller who has changed their username a couple of times. It’s currently “Game Stop!” If you check their selling history, they’ve sold multiple fake Neo Discovery packs, along with Neo Genesis. I’ve tried reporting each listing as counterfeit, but the seller is still up.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, got a link for it? I tried searching on mercari but couldn’t find it.

Here you go: www.mercari.com/u/414234414/

1 Like

Thanks. Are the English Neo Genesis packs also fakes? The top flap looks weirdly flat.

I didn’t know mercari was a platform for international sellers as well, I’ve only known it as Japanese.

I reported the item as fake (just above the description on the right).

1 Like

Unfortunately it has a bid

and in his sales history there are two more that went for $112 and $135

jerk

Also reported it. The more the merrier I say.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Very fake. The seals on the top and bottom are way off. The colors are also different.

Yes, there’s a US and Japan Mercari site.

1 Like

Some more from a seller in Sweden.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265320500857

3 Likes

Those look really bad…

2 Likes

I messaged the seller explaining, and they’ve removed the listing now.

Can someone highlight the differences with a real pack? It would be more understandable to people who don’t collect japanese packs :blush:

Why does the second one look vacuum sealed? :laughing:

Here’s my attempt. There’s more, like the colour is weird and off.

2 Likes

Thanks, if there isn’t one already I guess it’s time to make a guide to spot fake japanese packs