Questions on Card opening videos

I’ve increased my card purchasing substantially over the past month and I am debating rather to begin doing pack opening videos.
what I am wondering is, if there is any current members (outside of site founder as I’m assuming he has a busy schedule with his channel and familial duties) who could give me some pointers and tips for the production of such videos.

Assuming I’ve done my own research and watched a few channels to get the general ‘layout’ of a pack opening video, what’s some of the finer nuances a newbie should be made aware of or what are some suggestions to help me provide quality pack opening videos?

Depends on what your channel goals are. If your goal is to build a small community of fellow pokemon collectors, then I would say open packs, be yourself and show stuff you think is cool. If you want to try to be a popular channel, yell and scream like you won the lottery everytime you pull something. Focus solely on dollar value, especially for PSA 10’s, pretend every card you pull will get a 10. Refer to your viewers as family, tell them you love them just like family (even though you know thats bs) and most important, make sure you put your face on thumbnails with the open mouth shock face.

I personally prefer the fist kind of channels with normal people, but I think im in the minority based on the metrics.

2 Likes

LMAO @ “Yell and scream like you won the lottery everytime you pull something” I think I know who you’re referencing.
and no, I don’t think I’ll be too deeply interested in PSA material, the fee’s to grade are a little above my comfort level at the moment.

and no, I completely agree with your liking a more genuine channel. the over hyped one’s are a bit patience thinning.

I appreciate the feed back and suggestion!