Vintage Pack Openings

YouTube pack openings for vintage packs have dramatically slowed down. People seem to be done with sealed boxes at his point and only open a few loose packs here and there.

Of course the new stuff is still being posted, but I haven’t seen any new box openings other than Leonhart’s charity events.

Money has quickly taken over the experience of opening vintage sealed product.
Both good or bad depending on what type of collector you are.

1 Like

I never got the allure of watching other people open stuff that I had no part of.

3 Likes

I like watching them from time to time, but it makes me cringe hard every time they break the WOTC seal and open packs. It’s like jabbing a pokeflute into my heart, but I like seeing the awesome pulls at the same time.

2 Likes

It’s a shared interest for me. I personally enjoy the excitement from the person opening. If it is a “hype” channel opening for the sake of views, I have no interest. For example, watching a GemMintPokemon video is great, because he is just as happy to pull a rare trainer in mint condition than he is a holo.

Also, it keeps the motivation alive for opening packs/boxes I have yet to experience.

3 Likes

I believe its simply that the boxes have gotten too expensive. I think there is opportunity for a solid vintage pack opening YT channel, unfortunately larger more monetized channels would rather keep their costs low.

Most of the problem comes from the fact that YouTube audiences are younger and don’t particular care about WotC cards. A 1k Flash Fire booster pack opening would cost the same as many vintage booster boxes while being longer (longer videos are more profitable) and more appealing to younger audiences.

Haha…The Donald and Pokemon;)

1 Like

For me it’s just that so many things are more fun and my time can get very limited.
I do understand tons of people enjoy it a all due respect to them.

It’s content for children. They have all the time in the world.

2 Likes

I personally am of two minds on this. I don’t care because hey, not my cards and, it’s information I already can find and read quickly. Okay cool, these cards exist and now you have them. Meh.

On the other hand, watching someone get some good pulls builds the “There’s hope for me! I can get some too!” factor. Not unlike gambling.

You can say the same thing about heaos of things. I don’t like watching people stream video games. I don’t like watching people play sport. Etc etc

What’s a “heaos”?

Good points. I do like to watch sports though but only my sentimental favorites…Lakers, Rams, Dodgers, UNLV Rebels, UCLA Bruins, Ohio State Buckeyes, LV Golden Knights and maybe a couple others lol.

1 Like

I think that watching sports, and e-sports is different than watching people open booster boxes and old product.
People like to watch sport and e-sports because it’s watching people who are the best at what they do, and appreciating them and what they play for the time and effort put into becoming that good at something.

Watching people open sealed stuff is probably more in the same vein as watching rich people receive delivery of their Ferrari’s and Lamborghini’s, or people doing Youtube videos of their holiday house that has 8 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in an expensive part of whatever country they are in.

2 Likes

I like it as its a way of enjoying an experience ill never be able to have. Like most things on youtube it comes down to the presenter and their persona and attitudes. I watch a lot of pc bulding videos where two channels may build the same pc but the presenters egos change the whole experience up for better or worse. The pokesoup vid where he pulls the gold star zard is amazing!

2 Likes

We need Unlistedleaf to make more WotC pack opening videos so it becomes more popular and increases my net worth grows the hobby.

5 Likes

:joy::joy: yeh open up some more Base boxes please :crossed_fingers::ok_hand:

2 Likes

I have a stockpile that I swore to slowly start opening at the 30 year anniversary. Hopefully I don’t chicken out. I plan to post the openings on youtube assuming there still is youtube lol

I’m thinking 1 pack per month would last a good long while. Maybe every other month.

3 Likes

Ya, I opened a crazy amount of wotc boxes on my youtube (daa906). I opened over 100 of them total. I slightly regret it now, but I think I am one of the reasons the prices sky rocketed on the sealed boxes. lol I still have about 15 boxes left of 1st editions and a sealed trainer deck b. Just hoarding those now.

1 Like

Think I’ve watched heaps of your videos ! Awesome stuff. I think I recall you were trying to sell some to save for a house ? How did that all work out for you:)

I actually got my house! All from selling pokemon =) and thank you for watching!

3 Likes

Wow congrats! Thats impressive!