What was the last good card you pulled?

We have a thread on your most recent purchase, but how about your most recent good pull? Talking pack fresh baby.

Pulled this cool Lusamine Full Art Trainer last night from a tin.

External Media

2 Likes

Japanese Base Charizard yesterday from a deck, pretty fun.

2 Likes

I’ve only opened like 3 booster packs since I stopped collecting in 2003 and started again in 2017. I think I opened two fossils and a team rocket, and in one of the fossils I got a holo magneton! I was BEYOND stoked to pull a holo again!

2 Likes

A lugia ex from unseen forces. This was over 10 years ago when the set was just released.

Since the last 3 years of getting back in to the hobby, I have yet to open any of the sealed product ive collected :slightly_frowning_face:
Last thing i really opened was an evolutions box. I pulled all charizard arts except one, which I thought was exciting at the least.

www.elitefourum.com/t/do-you-think-ur-good-at-guessing-grades/20842/104

I think I pulled a Lv.X Empoleon in 2007.

1st edition Genesis Lugia, almost 20 years ago.

1 Like

1st edition Jungle Jolteon holo.

Best Jungle holo imo!

3 Likes

Not sure if this counts, but I purchased this collection of assorted Japanese cards last month as I wanted to work towards a complete GBA Gum set: page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/328494007.

I didn’t really study the pictures closely, and had no idea what to expect in terms of quality. Today the cards arrived and to my complete astonishment all of the cards are in almost perfect condition, including this guy:

If this gets a PSA 9 it will have paid for the entire collection (here’s PSA’s APR page)! The dark marks are just flecks of dust on the protector it’s in, and the centering is pretty much perfect (my scanner cut off a bit on the left). The only flaw I think this card has is a very small dent in the bottom right corner, which is just about visible in this picture.

3 Likes

That’s awesome. Where did you get the pack? Did you pull it from a booster box you own or did you get lucky on a loose pack ebay purchase?

The last one I can remember that’s worth talking about was about a year ago.

I purchased what I thought was a Shadowless booster pack. As we all know though, there’s never a %100 of Shadowless cards in them.

Opening the pack, and immediately being disappointed by the unlimited cards, as I was going through the them, and finally getting to Holo, it turned out to be a Charizard!!

Glass half full kind of moment lol

2 Likes

Charizard Gx secret rare from Burning Shadows, it graded PSA 9

Shadowless Pidgeotto!

2 Likes

It was the first Shadowless booster pack that I opened. Any rare is good in that case, heh.

I was in France recently for a conference and randomly stumbled upon a card/game shop where I bought a 3 x shining legends blister. Pulled a French hyper rare Raichu Gx. That was pretty funny and a nice little souvenir.

Got lucky last year! Bought 3 jungle packs to keep sealed from ebay. Ended up opening them all though because i decided to go for a full mint non-holo jungle set, but was a nice surprise to find a holo!

I bought an Alolan Vulpix promo from Rusty that turned up pretty badly scratched. So I went to Big W and paid Australian retail price for the 3 pack blister to replace the card. Pulled a full art Cynthia.

1 Like

A get out of jail free card during family monopoly

6 Likes

I recently bought a Thunderstrom gift set and pulled a holo vileplume from the Team Rocket pack and a holo Zapdos from the Base 2 pack. Funny about the Zapdos - the art on the card is also featured on Gift set box itself haha. How appropriate.

2 Likes