PWCC Payment

Hi. Does anyone know if PWCC accepts PayPal as a payment method?

It does not say PayPal on their website, but I was hoping they did anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

I live in Europe, but have a lot of $ on my paypal account that I would prefer to use in stead of first sending them to my bank account and pay for the currency exchange and then do it again the other way.

Directly from their website

“You can pay through our website with a credit card for invoices up to $10,000. You may also use funds held in your PWCC account to pay for your purchases. We also accept wires, ACH bank transfers, checks, money orders, and various forms of cryptocurrency using BitPay, including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dogecoin, Ethereum, WBTC, and stable coins (DAI, PAX, USDC, GUSD, and BUSD). PWCC will apply sales tax to your invoice based on your delivery address. Buyers may also use PWCC Capital services such as an advance on an auction submission or a loan on their Vault portfolio. Credit cards are not accepted for any item purchased in the Premier Auction. Please contact us if you need financing assistance.”

Doesnt look like PayPal is an option unfortunately. Also keep in mind if you are in Europe, there maybe import and custom tax associated with your purchase.

1 Like

I just emailed them to ask if it is possible. If they accept so many other methods of payment, i find it a bit odd if they don’t accept paypal…

1 Like

I dont know any AH’s that accept Paypal

In reality, why would they and cut margins by 4%?

They accept credit cards and just add on an extra fee to the BP to do so. You’d think they’d do similar given how massive PayPal is.

1 Like

True but CC, ACH, wire, check, Bitcoin, Ethereum and money order I think covers the gamut of payment options most people would need in reality lol

Wiring from Norway to US moves at the speed of molasses, we’re talking close to a week (and you need a bazillion codes and permissions to make it happen). Paypal literally takes seconds after around 48 hours max to receive the funds.

How do I know? Because Paypals conversion rate is so bad compared to most banks, I wouldn’t use it even if it were available, lol.

1 Like

You sure? Australia is one of the laggiest countries in the world in regards to tech and finance, and wiring only takes 12 hours or so from the US to Australia.

12 hours?! Last time I wired to the US it was 9,5K going to a bank in Atlanta, took 6 days, and I wired early in the week. Granted, it was some time ago but I don’t think there have been any major revolutions in the biz since that time.

Not sure if you are able to buy any crypto with Paypal funds and pay with that?
Seems like a quick and easy way to get best of both worlds.

There are FB groups within MtG and Pokemon communities to trade between currencies. In my country Paypal has a nice 5.5% goods and services fee for international transactions plus a 3.5% currency conversion fee. Borderline criminal.

I suggest you try TransferWise for international buys. You get your own bank account in US, UK, JPN and any other country you like to send/receive wires with minimal to no fees at all.

1 Like

Every time i have sent og recived money to/from US, it has taken 24-48h, so Wire has worked very fine for me

1 Like

Good to hear, I’ve probably just been unlucky.

I use DNB when transfeering money, because every other bank i Norway will send money trough them, an that takes a day or more.

I have paid HA twise, and it then took 48 hour when i paid before 14.

When I have revied money from PWCC, it’s been on my accound friday morning (they send wedensday)

Same here.

+1 for using Wise.

I’m in the UK and when I won my Black Star Pichu uncut sheet from Heritage back in July for just over $15k I used Wise to convert the required GBP to USD and make the wire transfer and Wise’s fees only set me back a meagre £43.06. Doing a direct wire transfer with my UK bank account would have cost me over £300 and PayPal shockingly would have cost me almost £900 in fees. I essentially saved £850 by using Wise over PayPal, so I would 100% recommend them any day of the week.

The only time I’ve found Wise to be more expensive is on very low amounts (under $10 - at that point it’s cheaper for me to just convert the amount directly with my UK bank account, but it’d still be cheaper than PayPal).

1 Like

WOW

Is Norway cheap on something, it cost me only 7$ to wire to US, and 12$ to recive money up to 58.000$

It’s going to entirely depend on what bank you’re with and what type of account you have. For me I just have a standard UK account which happily deals with GBP and EUR but doesn’t really like any other currency, so to make a USD transfer I first have to pay the bank to convert the GBP to USD which is what the £300 charge would have been (and my bank’s rate is a lot worse than Wise’s).

For PayPal not only would I have the currency conversion fee but I’d also have PayPal’s fees on top of that which is something like 7.5% in total - so to transfer $15k that’s a $1.2k conversion + fee.

In terms of Wise I think the wire transfer fee was only something like £0.93 and the remaining £42 was conversion fees from GBP to USD which was something really low like £0.0035 per £1.

They got back to me saying:

"Hi Malin,

Unfortunately we do not accept paypal at this time for a form of payment. Here are all of our current payment options:

Check or Money Order:
Payable to PWCC
Sent to:
PWCC
7560 SW Durham Rd.
Tigard, OR 97224

ACH:
JP Morgan Chase
PWCC Marketplace
Chase Bank, 270 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017, USA

Wire Transfer:
JP Morgan Chase
PWCC Marketplace
Chase Bank, 270 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017, USA

Bitcoin:
Requires having a bitcoin wallet setup. PWCC will send you an invoice via Bitpay.
-Bitpay fees covered by PWCC

Advance on a Submission in lieu of Payment:
Please inquire for more details.

Pay with PWCC On Account Funds:
Must have existing on account balance from submission proceeds.
Please inquire for more details."

Hopefully I can figure out some way to transfer my paypal funds to somewhere more usable. I haven’t used crypto currency before, but maybe if I can transfer it to that somehow. Would hate to have to pay for the exchange rate twice. Or I’ll just buy from places that accept paypal :stuck_out_tongue: