PSA Shipping Delay

Has anyone else experienced a delay in PSA shipping their order recently?

My completed/graded order has been sitting for a week without movement, not even a tracking # assigned. I know there are delays but I didn’t see anything specific on PSA’s website about shipping so I am a bit worried. They charged me for the order so I know it’s not being held due to a payment issue.I don’t mind waiting at all, I know they are short staffed and doing the best they can, but the rest of my order was pushed through quickly so I am slightly alarmed by the sudden stop at the shipping step…

Mine took 6 business days to ship after approved for shipping

1 Like

Good to know. Thank you!

They do nothing fast before and especially after the virus.

7 Likes

Everything over there seems to be taking ages… Patience is key! :grin:

1 Like

This is the biggest bottleneck in the system right now. I had one take over 14 business days. They did compensate me with a free voucher that i didnt ask for. But ive noticed once the orders enter grading that they fly through up until ship

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your responses! :blush:

Order just shipped, so yay! Normally I wouldn’t be so impatient, but two of the cards are not mine so that definitely made me anxious.

See you just had to complain a little;)

3 Likes

I will say that PSA has been on top of things for me recently, especially with Express orders. I didn’t experience any delays in shipping on bulk or bigger orders but I’m sorry to hear you all have. Patience is a big part of grading though, it all comes with the experience.

1 Like

I received an order today, but no tracking number was ever provide on PSA’s website. Also, it was shipped with UPS, when every order in the past has been shipped with USPS.

Can’t even imagine how long it’s actually going to take for the Pokemon Grading Special. Think we’ll get them before the end of 2020?

It’ll depend on if COVID becomes an issue again. If they can stay at max capacity, which I don’t think they even are now, we should see them back in ~4 months.

Yep it’s going to be a bit longer than 4 months, especially if you think about how many additional orders they are getting this quarter.

From the most recent PSA update emailed out yesterday:

“While the pandemic has curtailed many pursuits since March, the hobby has seen no pullback, and instead is exploding in popularity. It could be by virtue of the recommended stay-at-home orders, the lack of sports, or a combination of both. Whatever the case, PSA has seen a big uptick in completed online submission orders, which were up 188% in May from our previous monthly high this year. In addition, we’ve seen exponential growth in our web traffic page views (up 139% last month from the same time a year ago) as well as the number of Collector Club memberships being purchased, which grew by 21% since the start of April. Bottom line, we continue to be incredibly busy as the hobby continues to thrive.”

@kpod the last 8 poke-specials I’ve sent in the past year and the longest return has been 4 months. It’s true that they will have increased demand but we don’t have numbers on that. All we have is legacy data on average returns and the fact they are stating that they are running at almost 2x speed as their previous high. So, I stick with the 4 months(once registered) estimate unless they cannot run at full capacity or changed the time estimate to not align with the “standard” service.

I think you meant to say they are getting 2x as many submission as their previously best month this year, not that they are running and processing at 2x speed