PSA Receiving Issues

I sent in my biggest order ever to PSA (27 cards total) on a 30-day turnaround time with the May special. They received my package on May 20th. It’s now been 2 weeks since they received my package (USPS delivery confirmed, PSA says they have it), but it hasn’t been entered into the system yet. I’m used to a delay of around 3 days to a week, but any order I have sent in has never taken more than a week to get entered into the system.

Has anyone else had a delay this long between their package being received and entered into the system?

Ahh, I suppose I can prepare to have my cards back sometime next century.

Took them 11 days to log in my submission. May is probably their busiest month so far this year due to the 5.50/card special which hadnt come around since Dec? Jan?

Yeah, understood. I was really hyped about the $7 a card/no minimum special, so I bet they got a lot of small orders with that one too.

I had my order get to them on the 18th May but it went onto their system on the 22nd after I called the day before just to see what was going on and they told me they were swamped with orders plus half the staff were out at convention but they graded my 10 day order in 5 days so did notturn out all bad as I was expecting to wait over 10 days.

That’s hilarious my cards were received on the 20th of last month as well and still haven’t been processed I wouldn’t worry about it too much longer it should pop up one of these day.

Every single order that I send to PSA ends up taking anywhere between 1 week and 3 weeks until they get it into their system. Usually around 2 weeks. Just sent in Order #13

My order from April wasn’t entered into the system until the 19th of May… :confused:

Ah… I can’t wait to see how long mine will take when I finally decide to start grading… I think it will be harder for us Aussies, as we usually have 2 weeks + shipping time, then times that by two, plus the grading timeframe… We always have To be patient down here. But all these companies seem the same I assume, vga/afa is one I use… And they take months to get items back to me in Australia, and they have such a smaller turnover rate compared to psa.

Psa are grading such high quantities, we can’t forget that your not the only order coming through, there’s many 1000s of cards coming in each week by week there.

@kkthxbai Of course. But they are still a company that we pay to do a job. As customers, we are entitled to the service we pay for. I expect my cards to be entered into the system and graded within a reasonable time frame, as that’s what I’ve paid for.

If they are unable to do that, they should hire more people so that they can.

2 Likes

I actually have had very good experiences this year with their turnaround time. Every summer is always busy, and this one especially with the constantly increasing amount of submissions.

Realistically they are doing it pretty well.

Also, keep in mind that most of us are using “el cheapo” bulk service. If you are really worried about turnaround time and/or want leverage as a customer, it would better to choose a service that guarantees an exact turnaround time. The “estimated” services allow for leniency.

1 Like

My cards were entered into the system today, woo! @smpratte I suppose you’re correct. It’s not that I’m worried about turnaround time (as long as they’re back by mid-August), I was just thinking they would have been in the system by now, seeing as the turnaround time doesn’t start until they are.

This is simply shortsighted. You are paying for appx wait times…NOT set waiting times. That is what your paying for and that is what you get. No deception at all.
But your point is incorrect anyway.
An in house survey was done again last year by Collectors Universe for a year end meeting and the findings were once again…on average including log in time, orders beat the projections. This covered over 100,000 orders for 2014. Every year is the same except one in the early 2000s.
Sometime your 50 day order will take 70 with log in times. Then sometimes your 50 day order will take 10.
More employees are not needed as long as the total number of cards submitted stays around one million yearly. If that number goes up then more people will be hired.

You understand?

1 Like

@garyis2000

I’m not sure I see your point, as I think you may have misunderstood. I have no issue with the PSA Turnaround times. Those are, as you said, approximate wait times. I have never had an issue with my cards being graded in more time than the service level I paid for, and they usually come back early. I always receive what I paid for and I am not entitled to faster service.

My issue here is with the delay of getting the submission entered into the system. PSA’s busyness should not interfere with how fast they get orders entered into the system. My order, again, emphasizing that we pay them to do this, took over 2 weeks (11 business days) to be entered into the system. To me, that is unreasonable, seeing as it is more than a third of the turnaround time I paid for taken up by my package essentially just sitting at PSA.

My point is this: if PSA experiences an increase in business during the summer, they should hire extra help to make sure everything continues to go smoothly. Every other business does this. An increase in business leads to an increase in employees. If I go to a farmstand in the summer, I shouldn’t have to wait an hour to pay for my groceries because the farmstand kept the one cashier they had in the early spring when nobody was buying. The farmstand hires extra seasonal help because there is extra seasonal demand. Why should PSA be different?

There is no submission increase during summer.
I did understand you perfectly…all those numbers took recording time into account. Again, all those wait times and being ahead of schedule included the number of days it took to be recorded.

Looks like PSA is having a weekend workday. Two of my orders have been put into their systems today

1 Like

They probably just read this thread! :wink:

2 Likes

Haha probably! ;p

Something like that lol…