PSA Delay Heads Up

A heads up for anyone submitting through the forum or by themselves, PSA is delayed to and unprecedented level. I would expect all orders to run the entire time. I have personally never experienced this much of a delay, and am receiving vouchers for a Regular order that went well beyond its estimation.

7 Likes

Guess that means no monthly specials for a long time

5 Likes

The positive: it’s the sign of a very healthy hobby.

Do we know if the delay is mostly caused by an influx of Pokemon orders? Or has the Thomas the Tank Engine TCG finally exploded?

14 Likes

Yeah this the longest delay i’ve experienced.
They entered my cards on November 2nd 2017 so over the estimated 45 day turn around but i guess with high volumes on submissions end of last year plus the holidays. We must patiently twiddle our thumbs and wait :blush:

1 Like

I had a 5 day take 12 days after being entered recently
 so I know that my poor 10 day order is doomed. Good luck to everyone and hopefully PSA isn’t in too much of a rush. :wink:

1 Like

Is there any way to determine whether the delay is because of Pokémon? (maybe they told you)

There are a mixture of reasons. The move to a new office + more submissions in general. Pokemon has increased in submission numbers.

And yes the $6 specials are probably a thing of the past at this point.

2 Likes

They should get more staff. it’s sickening.

www.collectorsuniverse.com/Jobs/List

Who needs or wants a new job?

1 Like

hey, hey, hey!!! good on 'em. probably need to hire a couple workers at this rate. The ‘we are delayed’ response is getting a lil worn out.

Ludkins submissions now taking 12 months instead of the previous 6.

:sob:

A whole year?! Jeez
 talk about uncertainty haha. Who knows what way the market will swing in that time frame.

1 Like

wow I would never wait 12 months to get my stuff graded. I hated waiting 2.5 months.

I believe @train meant weeks

1 Like

As a new collector waiting on my 3rd submission with PSA I believe it reflects really poorly on them to miss a 45 business day window. As far as I’m concerned 45 business days should be a guarantee and not an estimate.

• I sent my submission in late november
  • official date received was early december (took almost a week to get it into the system)

with a 45 business day window they have until sometime in mid feb to finish my order and they’re going to miss that window? Reflects very poorly on psa.

2 Likes

oh
well that’s entirely different.

Try waiting for a BGS “non guaranteed” grading order and then complain
 Lol

1 Like

At least Pokemon graded cards are booming if you try to take a positive out of it. I think once PSA clears the back log after their office move the wait times will start to go back to normal

3 Likes

The normal shitstorm free for all with some bulk orders finishing in 4 days, some in 35, some in 42 and the occasional 10 day taking 11 with no rhyme or reason to it all.

1 Like