PSA Delay Heads Up

I’ve been curious about those. What is typical on those if there is such a thing? What is the longest you’ve waited, or heard of anyone else waiting?

I need to get a large order out to them at some point but I haven’t made the time for it yet.

It took 11 business days just to enter my regular order. My membership just expired, if I renew it’ll be for the new $59.99 base package because I’m tired of not getting the turnaround times I pay for. Have a bulk 30? It’ll take 5-10 business days just to get entered and it’ll take 40 business days once it does.

This is obviously the worst delay we’ve seen, I just feel like this is an issue with their staffing that should have been addressed long ago.

1 Like

Oh yeah, and in the middle of this shit storm they also raised their prices LMAO.

3 Likes

Coming soon… PGS… Brought to you by me. Guaranteed grading timeframes. Purely focused on pokemon grading only :blush:

Raising prices is definitely the appropriate response though when you cannot meet demand. Hopefully the increased prices will slow submissions down for a bit but clearly not having good specials didn’t so I doubt this will slow it down enough either.

2 Likes

Ugh wanted some of mine back before my upcoming vacations, guess my 10 day won’t make it :slightly_frowning_face:

Also, why doesn’t PSA themselves let us know, either before submissions or on their main site? Seems like something you would want to give a heads up to your customers…

4 Likes

I’m almost at 3 months. If you Google it there are order that take up to 6 months

1 Like

I have sent two orders to BGS.

The first had 7 cards, was received 08/11/2017, and remains outstanding.

The second had 11 cards, was received 10/05/2017 and shipped 11/09/2017.

Both were Non Guaranteed.

I completely agree! They should be issuing a disclaimer to all current and future customers. That would be proper business etiquette and would help mediate the situation.

Many people would delay their submissions and it would allow them to catch up with current orders.

1 Like

I was about to post/vent myself as I had submitted a bulk (~150cards) for grading and was received early November. My past 3 submissions were actually completed beyond my expectation so I assumed mine would be done late December. I thought about contacting them to ask about the current progress but decided not to after reading several posts about not getting too much info from people answering the phones.

Here’s the silver lining! Just got an email that my cards are finally graded! Just hoping it ships today so maybe I’ll have it over the weekend.

Question about the vouchers they are offering you guys. Are these only being offered to orders within the 1-10 day turnaround? Or would they also offer for bulk grades?
I was actually planning on putting another bulk order in the next 1-2 months but I don’t know how more backed up they might be.

LOL, I’ve been there too with my previous order.

2 Likes

Typically vouchers are only offered for non-bulk services, as you are paying for a more concise turnaround time.

1 Like

What would mean this for me in this situation:

My order is at PSA, but not checked in yet, and my subscription ending in 10 days. Will they still process it?

Yes, they go by the postmarked date.

1 Like

I was given vouchers for a bulk order that went 55 business days. So if you had a bulk go over 50 days or so I would give them a call and they will likely offer something.

They really could easily resolve this by moving to either a “non guarantee” service like BGS does or just turning 45 days to 60 days or so. I don’t know why they couldn’t do that going ahead. I understand they wouldn’t want to, but I would be far less frustrated if they were just straight with us.

I went to their previous offices last summer for some consultation work. They told me the amount of Pokemon submissions have increased exponentially. To the point where they hired/re-arranged staff to cover purely poke/non-sport orders.

Basically I don’t think they were prepared for the increase in submissions. The office move only added fuel to this fire. Either way, hopefully this is rectified in the next couple months with added staff.

6 Likes

Wonder what portion of that is WoTC and pre BW era vs people racing to grade new sets

3 Likes

Talked to PSA, said they are just opening packages from Jan 8th, about two weeks behind. He told me, “we are going to catch up probably by…I don’t know when”(I thought that was funny).

4 Likes

I hope this is true lol

Psa received my package (10 day order) on the 8th and still hasn’t put it in the system.

@smpratte Here you get me all bummed-out thinking my 250-Card Bulk Submission won’t ever get completed; and I just get an e-mail from PSA saying that my grades are posted and order has been shipped-out! There’s still hope for us!!! Haha

My order was received on 12/18/2017 - grades were posted 01/25/2018 (25 Business Days). SWEET!!!

7 Likes