PSA Quarterly Grading Special #2 (Pokemania) info

Hey everyone! So I submitted about 50 cards (the most I have ever submitted) through the QGS 2 in June. This is the first time I have ever used a special/bulk service, so I just have some questions about it. Are the specials considered a bulk service for turnaround times? Also, my sub was delivered 7 weeks ago and it’s still not registered in the system. Is this registration time to be expected with specials? I appreciate anything you guys have to say! Thanks so much

Same with mine, I suspect they are pulling them out of the storage area a lot slower than their other services. Im seeing on other forums that peoples grades are just now popping from December 2019 subs. I subbed 12 different orders, packaged in 2 shipments sent at the same time the first week the specials went live. They Finished grading 4 in under a month and the rest are in R&D.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’ve got nothing to worry about. I’m also in the same boat, but as long as they are marked as received you’re safe.

Word of warning, don’t expect them back before next year. If it happens, great, but keep your expectations realistic to avoid frustration. :wink:

3 Likes

The fact that PSA runs specials when they are millions of cards behind is beyond me but don’t expect the turnaround time to be anything less than painfully long. I sent in some stuff for the special and it took 2 months for them to just log it. I don’t expect the cards to be back till the end of the year or first quarter of next year :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

I just had an order registered into the system last night which was delivered on June 8th. It took so long that my package didn’t even show up in the “find my package” tool since that maxes out at 60 days. So, I wouldn’t worry just yet.

2 Likes

Every special & Bulk is delayed. Regular + orders move along normally.

3 Likes

What’s the good word on 6 or 15-free voucher submissions? I’ve been hearing that they’ve been going a lot quicker.

1 Like

Took 1 month for me back in May-June.

2 Likes

Damn that’s fast! I submitted mine in late June, if I can get them back in September I’d be ecstatic. Right now it’s on the Grading phase, fingers crossed.

Thank you for the info.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the input guys. I knew the special would take a while, but didn’t expect this long lol. Glad to know I’m not the only one. You’d think by now PSA would have this process/registration time all figured out, but I guess it’s understandable with COVID and all. Appreciate your answers!

1 Like

Yes, the vouchers have been crazy fast compared to the rest. I sent in a 6 card voucher along with the Pokemania order. The voucher took 4 weeks to be registered and was shipped back to me in under 2 weeks. I was shocked to have them back so soon. Vouchers must have the priority I guess

My order has been stuck in research since May…

1 Like

that’s cute, try February.

Meanwhile 2 of my other subs that were entered into system in April are close to being finished.

1 Like

I sent in late June and I just pretend that I don’t own the cards anymore, that way I have less qualms… because I don’t remotely expect them back until Jan-March.

6 Likes

Yeah honestly every time I submit to PSA I just kinda go and forget about the cards completely. The wait is easier to deal with like that. And actually I sometimes truly forget some of the cards that I sent, when they come back I’m like “oh this one!” :grin:

3 Likes

I’m just wondering: in case PSA doesn’t accept the submission, will PSA return the package immediately or not? I’ve been waiting for 8 weeks :slightly_frowning_face:

Why wouldn’t PSA accept a submission if it was delivered to them on-time?

P.S. They are at around a 8 week delay in registering these orders into their system

Because the USA Customs have opened my package and I’m worried that they have changed the places of cards or they have touched something :slightly_frowning_face:

Submitted three, one was 25 cards, second was 158 and third was just over 300. The first two are in research and have been for over a month, the third was submitted a month later and isn’t in the system yet.

It is super rare for US customs to open packages. Pretty much the only reason they would if it was damaged, you lied about what was in it or a drug dog alerts to it.