PSA NO SPEC INFO, NO GRADE, NO CHARGE

Hi!
I recently sent a few cards out for grading and recieved the dreaded NO SPEC INFO, NO GRADE, NO CHARGE description.

These are cards that don’t have much info on them. Other than a small paragraph on bulbapiedia.

Is there a way to request PSA do more research on the submitted cards?

I sent 7 of these cards off and only one has a label most likely because it is the only one listed in a very short list on bulbapiedia.

I know some E4 members have fought and succeed to get proper labels on card variants. Is the fight worth it?
Which avenues can I use to request PSA take a second look?

2 Likes

As far as I know I’m one of the only users on the forum that has successfully convinced PSA to recognize new cards or change labels. I have since transitioned to only grading with CGC, but I can share my experiences from when I used to speak with PSA regularly. My last communication with them was in January 2021, but according to twitter the contact that I was frequently in contact with still works at PSA.

I have quite a few posts related to this.

Expand for a list of related posts I previously made

If you sign into PSA’s website, go to “Account” in the top right, then you should see a “Customer Request Center” section on the left. Click that and then click “PSA Research Request”. You will need to provide a description of the cards that you wish to add/edit, and also include multiple web sources. I’ve found that they do allow Bulbapedia as a source, but it is not enough. I have successfully submitted efour guides/articles in the past as a source (I happened to be the author of the guides that I submitted as proof, but they were not aware of that). I would also recommend submitting YouTube videos if there are any.

As an example, it took me 27 back and forth emails to get the prerelease cosmos aerodactyl recognized. The person that I was consistently in contact with was Beth/Elizabeth Dumas. They will reply to you asking for more information if they require it :slight_smile:

Good luck!

3 Likes

Maybe you’ll know since you have some experience with CGC and new registries.

I sent a card to CGC that wasn’t in their registry yet, a variant of a common promo card with a different colored foil stamp than typical. I included a bunch of documentation and reference material in the package. The submission is now shipping back to be, but there’s no grade in the details or the scans I that should have been uploaded.

It’s been a few days but there’s still no details added to the submission. What do you think happened? Do you think they’re returning it ungraded?

Edit: There is a cert number, but nothing else. No grade, no subgrade, no scans, no variation to the label to reflect my variant, etc. I have no idea what they are returning to me.

They also have given a cert number to a card I only included for illustrative purposes so they could contrast my specific card with the normal one. This card literally had “do not grade” written on the cardsaver and the written material indicated it was just for illustrative purposes. I am not sure why it would be coming back with a cert number.

1 Like

I will gladly authenticate your topps buyback cards just send them to me thank you.

1 Like

I actually haven’t requested any new cards be added to CGC’s list yet because it is already very complete. I’ve requested that cards be added to the set registry but that’s different. I have seen people request that cards be allowed for grading on their forum and once they were added the requester was able to submit them.

Since the cert number isn’t showing any grade, I would expect that they are going to be returned to you ungraded unfortunately. In the future I would recommend getting them to add the card before you submit it to them just so you don’t end up wasting your own time and shipping costs :slight_smile:

What card(s) did you send by the way, if you don’t mind me asking?

This is annoying because they told me they could not make any judgment on the card unless it was submitted.

And it’s a WB movie promo with a silver stamp instead of a gold one.

1 Like

The card additions that I’ve seen before were for new cards instead of error variants. Perhaps they are more strict on adding errors? I would definitely recommend making a post on their “Ask CGC Trading Cards” section of the forum. I’m not including a link since it’s an external site but feel free to PM me if you need a direct link :slight_smile:

Also, I’ve never seen a silver stamp. Sounds sick!

I submitted a not listed card in person after communication that the graders would need it submitted to determine if it would get a proper blue label or a green altered label. I am currently waiting to see what happens (should be done this week) but the staff helped type in the unlisted card details and due to the rarity said it would likely get reviewed by the top graders and researchers they have. It seemed pretty straight forward to type in details though.

I dont think that helps you much but beyond doing it that way all I found about submitting unlisted cards was to notate reasons on the included order slip. Perhaps it could have been submitted as the normal stamped version with an error.

Im sure I’ll post it once I get it back regardless of the label type.

2 Likes

Super helpful! I’ll check out the links and aim to call PSA after work Monday.
I’ll also send a message through their customer service request center.

It doesn’t make much sense for them to grade just one of the 7 due to lack of info. I could probably submit a edit to bulbapiedia with all known cards and they might allow the sub lol

Here is a quote from one of the many websites with info on the 75th anniversary product.

Stamped Buybacks
Every 2013 Topps 75th Anniversary box also has one stamped buyback. These are original Topps cards from over the years that have the set’s logo on them with a foil stamp.

It’s impossible to know how many copies of individual cards exist or whether every cards from every represented set got the buyback treatment as a list was never released. However, given the scope of sets, it’s probably safe to assume that specific cards probably don’t have more than a handful of copies.
link

Perhaps even linking these sites could help?

2 Likes

I’d link anything that you can to try to convince them. It is odd that they accept some but not all :sweat_smile: But due to them being so rare it doesn’t surprise me

1 Like

Yeah I have similar experience:

Elizabeth Dumas: “…we refer to sources like Bulbapedia…”
Me: “Um, okay.”

And unfortunately PSA sometimes will overrule your requests even when you provide official source because someone wrote false information on Bulbapedia:

(Coro Coro’s official issue number is always 2 months ahead of its actual publish month, which a lot of people are often mistaken.)

So pro tip here, always make sure information on Bulbapedia is correct before submitting to PSA.
(Yeah it’s controversial for PSA to rely on the wiki so heavily, but it’s a known way of ensuring you get your label correct so why not :sunglasses: )

Also another tip: you can actually submit CRC Research Requests as late as after finding out your card didn’t make it to Grading! As long as you still have other cards in the same order entering grading process, you can submit requests for cards that didn’t, and with solid evidence they may flip the decision and reenter the cards into grading. I had two cards in a bulk submission getting through this and eventually graded.

2 Likes

Hi,
I confirm that the Bulbapedia Theory is Right.

So far, from the 19 “2013 TOPPS 75th Anniversary - Pokemon Buyback” cards that have been send to PSA by multiple individual only 5 cards have been accepted:

• #13 Weedle
  • #36 Clefable
  • #45 Vileplume
  • #72 Tentacool
  • #74 Geodude

And what are the odds that those 5 cards are the only 5 cards listed on bulbapedia :wink:

Once I have a little time I will submit to Bulbapedia the complete list I have done with all the 75th Pokemon Buyback cards I have repertoriated so this will allow all those cards to be graded.

I will also help to update the bulbapedia list for everybody that will add their cards to the list i did on the other thread:

• TBD

Have an awesome day.
Daniel Girard Bolduc

6 Likes