List of Cards No Longer Graded by PSA

Hello everyone,

This is a guide on what cards used to be accepted by PSA but are “no longer recognized”. Please note that this guide is only for cards that have had recognized labels before, so I’ll be excluding cards such as No Damage Ninetales. I’ll eventually make a separate guide for cards that PSA refuses to grade. If you’re interested in cards that are still graded but have changed labels you can read about those here.

This guide is pretty short because PSA generally doesn’t remove cards once they’re added to the database. Let me know if there are any cards I missed!

Happy collecting
:blush:

No Rarity Raichu 025 - 1996 Pokemon Japanese Basic
Population: 97

No Rarity Venusaur 068 - 1996 Pokemon Japanese Basic
Population: 36

Catch Mew Movie Promo - 1999 Pokemon Game Movie
Population: 8

Ash & Others-Prism 24 - 2000 Pokemon Japanese Bandai Carddass Gold Silver Anime Collection Part 3
Population: 1

(need pic)

Pikachu & Others-Prism 25 - 2000 Pokemon Japanese Bandai Carddass Gold Silver Anime Collection Part 3
Population: 1

12 Likes

I believe no hp persian was recognized before, but is no longer graded now.

Nice idea for a thread!

For whatever reason they no longer grade these: www.psacard.com/pop/tcg-cards/2000/pokemon-japanese-bandai-carddass-gold-silver-anime-collection-part-3/164305. I have no idea why they accepted 1 of each card but then decided not to grade them any more. I’ve tried sending in my “Pikachu & Others-prism” card twice now and both times it’s been rejected.

www.elitefourum.com/t/does-psa-grade-this-card/24970/9

3 Likes

I think @thymeee is indeed right about the No HP Persian.
Some other cards I’m pretty sure they don’t grade anymore (although I’m not 100% sure): Inverted WB stamped promos; Ghost/Phantom stamped Base Set Pikachu; Square Cut cards.

Some other cards they don’t grade, but also never have except for some accidents: FPO stamped cards; COLLECTOR stamped Charizard; any non-English/Japanese card that was released outside of an English/Japanese speaking country (since they do grade the Pikachu World Collection sets; Art Academy foreign cards; French Gotta Magazine Pikachu; etc.)

But I don’t really keep track of what PSA does and doesn’t grade.

I’m sure @thecharizardauthorty can quickly answer this question for WotC era TCG cards, since he grades thousands of cards every month.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

The first three you named may have been graded but were never recognized in the first place, so they fall in the category of no damage ninetales. The FPO cards were recognized but they were in green cases (is that an old case or…?), the COLLECTOR stamped charizard was distinguished before but is no longer graded (although I am not sure about this one).

Nice additions!

1 Like

I’ll try submitting a nice research request for these. I always wondered why they only graded those 2 cards. I actually have a sealed “booster” box and store display from 2000 part 1 so ill submit a request around grading cards from that exact set. Maybe with pictures of the box compared to pictures of boxes from the 98-99 sets will convince them.

COLLECTOR charizord has never been recognized by PSA

I’m not sure it’ll change much. In my second attempt I sent 2 other cards from the set along with it:

1 Like

The green cases are for custom card encapsulations. This would include local youth leagues that make baseball cards for the kids with their picture on them. As PFM said, collector Charizard was never graded. Thats because of the aftermarket stamp (Theres a huge thread on this). I never knew the no HP Persian error isn’t graded anymore, I wonder why that is?

2 Likes

From what I understand, PSA removes the option for cards to be submitted when they’re no longer accepted. The cards mentioned in this post can’t be added to a submission, but I can still put No HP Persian into a submission.

Has anyone tried submitting a card that let you add it to the order but wasn’t accepted by PSA?

1 Like

How weird… Maybe they determined that there wasn’t enough info? That’s the only thing I can think of since they labeled it “No Spec Info”, but it’s weird that they would accept it in the first place… I updated the main post of the guide, thanks! Hopefully we can get it accepted again ^^

Did they definitely stop grading the No HP Persian?

You can still submit it in orders, so I don’t think so… But I could be wrong.

I swear I’ve read multiple times that they no longer grade it no hp dark Persian. I assume whatever weird logic they have for not grading no damage Ninetales is the same for this card.

I don’t think that’s true. According to PokemonPrice’s population tracker the last No-HP Persian was submitted on Oct 2, 2020… So unless they stopped accepting them within the past month, they still accept them.

2 Likes

Interesting! I’m sure you are correct then. I wonder if there had been a period where they stopped and then decided to grade them again? I had assumed since there is only one graded 10 that it was due to them no longer grading more. Good to know if I get one I could get it graded.

1 Like

The graph in the link that I sent doesn’t seem to indicate that there was a period when they stopped grading them. I can think of two reasons that would lead people to believe they’re no longer grading them:

1. No Damage Ninetales isn’t graded but is talked about a lot, so people figure No HP Persian isn’t either.
  2. When submitting to PSA you need to make sure you type it correctly to get it to come up. Typing in “no hp” won’t bring up the card, but if you type in “no 60 hp” then it will show up in the PSA submission drop down.
2 Likes

Same here, I am sorry for spreading misinformation about the no 60 hp persian and the collector charizard. Really thought I was right…

2 Likes

The earlier Bandai Carddass sets are riddled with Chinese fakes which turn the regular cards into ‘prizm’ cards. PSA has graded quite a few of these fake cards in the past, so I imagine the ‘Pikachu & Others’ card being prizm possibly cast some doubt about its legitimacy - although saying that I feel like that would have been returned as “AUTHTC?” instead of “NO SPEC INFO”.

Edit: as an example, here is a legitimate Bandai Series 5 “Krbby/Mgnmt/Arcnn.” card which PSA have graded and here is a fake prizm version PSA have also graded.

3 Likes

Oh man that’s unfortunate. Yeah I agree, I would think they’d label it as such if they thought it was fake. It’s hard for me to research these cards since I don’t speak Japanese :dizzy_face: