Is there a list of Pokemon cards PSA does not grade?

Have been seeing a few posts in local groups about certain cards not being graded anymore by PSA and am worried some of the cards I have stockpiled for grading may not be valid anymore. Is there an official list or something similar that I can check with?

1 Like

None yet. Why don’t you start one;)

1 Like

I wouldn’t say the people in my local groups are too reliable, that’s why i came here for some more informed answers. I would definitely be willing to make a list if people knew of any cards?

No damage Ninetales.

In general, any obscure card that doesn’t have a definitive or official origin.

They don’t grade the FPO (For Position Only) cards either, although they will (accidentally) grade any card if you send it back enough times and get lucky :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No rarity raichu and venusaur

I don’t think there is such a list, but I think it’s a great idea to start one. Here the ones I know of from the top of my head:

• No Damage Ninetales error
  • Japanese No Rarity Raichu (due to No. 025 at the bottom instead of No. 026)
  • Japanese No Rarity Venusaur (due to No. 068 at the bottom instead of No. 003)
  • Ghost/Phantom 1st edition stamp Pikachu

There are probably loads more I forgot about (EDIT: Yep, FPO cards as mentioned above by @bbqcat ). They grade less and less cards, even though they’ve been accepted wide-known errors in the community for years.

Oh, and not to forget: all non-English/non-Japanese cards which also aren’t released in either Japan nor an English-speaking country, excluding the Base Set (so some are still graded even if they aren’t Base Set, like the Pikachu World Collections; Art Academy cards; etc., but in general German/French/Italian/Spanish/Portuguese/Korean/Chinese/Dutch/Polish/Russian/Thai/Indonesian cards aren’t graded by PSA).

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Anything square cut too

1 Like

As for one not mentioned thus far: they don’t grade that Fossil Krabby error yet, do they?

I think they will grade it as a regular Krabby tbh and won’t even notice the error, like they do with a lot of errors. :blush: This thread isn’t for errors not recognized by PSA though (which would be A LOT longer), but rather cards PSA refuses to grade at all.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

speaking of errors, do they grade/ recognize the blue stain haunter? or do they not want to give it the ST qualifier anymore?

As of about 5 months ago they graded mine, I imagine they still are grading them still now. But they dont get a stain qualifier, I’ve graded two and neither did. This one pictured was a very strong 10 candidate but it got a 6, which is super lame cause their are ones with similar time frame cert numbers that have 9s and 8s. It just goes to show you grading is totally speculative per grader. I’m not sure why they won’t give a qualifier to this card, but mine surely deserved either a 8(st) or a 9(st), not a 6.

They stopped grading the Persian and Blastoise?

Has anyone ever tried grading any of the trading figure cards? Or know if they will grade them? Other then the ones that were at the Hartford collectors event and the ones I came across in a collection I bought I’ve never even seen any other raw examples.

Oops… ignore that. I saw a Blastoise with PSA label loose on top of it (like PSA does with No Grades) in a video where someone was talking about the No Damage Ninetales. But that was just a Blastoise he cracked, instead of a No Grade I now notice… My bad. I don’t know if they still grade those two, but I’ve removed them from my list until we know for sure.

I do know they don’t grade the No Damage Ninetales, NR Raichu/Venusaur, and Ghost Pikachu for sure, though.
Sorry for the confusion… (although it wouldn’t surprise me if they stopped grading those as well, tbh)

Greetz,
Quuador

Yeah, I had an almost identical experience grading one a few months back. Very strong example, should have gotten an 8 with the qualifier IMO but got landed with the 6 instead.

Also wanted to add that they don’t grade these guys:

1 Like

Collector Charizard…

2 Likes

For recent cards I know they won’t grade the “Collector” Team Up Charizard.

The inverted error Dragonite, Mewtwo, Pikachu and Electabuzz

1 Like

They didn’t like this one either:

https://instagram.com/p/BmsDWoxDVXt

5 Likes