PSA Research Requests - How successful have you been?

Hey everyone,

I’ve made some PSA research requests in the past and today I finally had one approved. I’m curious how successful others have been with their research requests. Let me know, and hopefully we can come to some sort of consensus with as to what causes certain cards to be denied and others accepted.

Requests I’ve made:
No Damage Ninetales - denied

Zapdos 15/62 Fossil Unlimited missing evolution box holofoil - denied

1999 Topps Pokemon TV Animation Series 1 Oversized Tin Topper set - accepted

For the set that was accepted I included a detailed forum post on how the cards are obtained as well as pictures of all of them. I feel like PSA is more inclined to accept cards that are well documented, but I don’t have a big enough sample size to be positive. The cards that were accepted also weren’t error cards, so that’s probably a factor as well.

Cheers :grin:

0% for no rarity Raichu and Venusaur, it doesn’t matter what you show them they will deny. I reckon even if I got like 200 affidavits from all past Media Factory employees that they are part of the set they would say, cool denied.

2 Likes

What Raichu and Venusaur are you referencing? I know of the 1999 Japanese cards but it seems that PSA recognizes those.

Look again

I believe he is talking about the no rarity Raichu and Venusar that has the incorrect card number on the bottom right corner.

1 Like

What am I missing here?

Find one with a 4XX cert and we’ll be impressed.

So they used to grade them but no longer recognize them?

3 Likes

Bingo!

1 Like

Well that’s unfortunate D:

1 Like

Venus is #3 in the pokedex

2 Likes

So strange, why is the no symbol marked as 068?

1 Like

Haven’t the faintest clue. Perhaps @shizzlemetimbers knows.

2 Likes

2005 Bandai Carddass Zukan lenticular 12 card set.
Had a checklist but because there weren’t any credible publications like Bulbapedia they rejected it :sob:.

4 Likes

In promotional material prior to release Venusaur had the incorrect set number 068, at the time Base set was just an afterthought from the success of the game aka another avenue to cash in on the success of the games and therefore it is likely they didn’t pay too much attention to errors until later on when it garnered more success. In 1996 many other pokemon side products were released like the toys, Our honorable president card sets etc. But obviously nothing has matched the might of the card game! Fun side fact one of the the only other Pokemon product that has had a continual 1996 to present run are the Pokemon kids figures!

4 Likes

Its sad to head the No Damage Ninetales was denied. I was thinking of putting in a request for that this week :slightly_frowning_face:

The ninetales is something that must be continually hammered away at. Their reasons for denial do not make sense anymore with solid evidence that it came from early brushfire theme decks and evidence of it still being sealed in them. They just don’t want to reverse course on what they keep saying.

If you think about other errors that they recognized the reasoning becomes laughable. As if they had solid video evidence of the dragonite no holo error or 1st ed pikachu promo error back when they first started to recognize those.

4 Likes

I think I’m going to make a detailed post about the cards origins along with the population report I created and hopefully I can get PSA to recognize it finally… My original research submission didn’t have a detailed report of the cards so they may not have found it sufficient. The significant population of the cards catalogued so far should help ^^

@JoshsOddCollection , I own a copy of the no damage ninetales still sealed in its theme deck wrapper. I can send some detailed photos to you, i think it will help with the provenance of the card, which is what, i believe, PSA are concerned with

3 Likes

I recently had the pokemon the first movie topps cards set added to the system :grin:

2 Likes