PSA failure to return 5 day submission


Global how I packed it. There was no left over space. perhaps only on the top but I did filled that so the boxes wouldn’t move.
The black boxes are full of cards in cardsavers, no move possible.
The white box inside bubble mailers with cards in cardsavers.
Around the black boxes was thick elastic string holding the submissions papers.

1 Like

1st picture looks like water damage. Like the box got saturated and squashed.

2 Likes

I can only hope I will get the middle white box returned, those cards are important.

But how can a side of the box getting out of shape that much while inside there are boxes who should kept it in shape. (don’t know how to explain but packing tight should prevent bumps)

2 Likes


Proof of delivery
I waited for a week and never got the real autograph. Well no suprise it’s not there because according PSA they refused the shipment.

1 Like

By chance, did your FedEX package go through the Memphis, Tennessee distribution center? All of the FedEX issues that I hear about tend to go through that major hub.


Yes it did.
Now I didn’t follow the tracking link anymore after getting that “it’s delivered” message.
Today I was and found this in the tracking (I never got a single notification)

Looks like it’s scanned each day.

1 Like

Great! That means they havent lost it… right…?

As far as I know after talking to several Fedex USA employee (got reconnected several times) they will source it and it will be returned to me.
The only thing they worried about was who is going to pay for the shipping back…

2 Likes

I broke my own rule:
Never ship in December

For 20 years I refused to ship anything in December, always closed my cardmarket acount and took all items off Ebay.
To much getting lost or other problems made me do this.
This year because of that 13,99 bulk I decided not to follow my own rule.
Because sending a 300 card order would “save” me $300.

Now I have a package hopefully returning to me while I had to spend over $200 on shipping and having none graded, but most of all having a headache for days.
Lesson learned, No more shipping untill half of Januari.

To bad the december bulk special will not be possible for me even when this package returns. I cannot get them back to PSA before the deadline.

8 Likes

Curious, can you ship internationally with UPS to PSA? I’ve been using their overnight and 2-day service for higher end items for years, and have never had an issue with damaged packages or getting lost.

1 Like

I’m worried about my submission too and the same sentiment of sending in December. I shipped 20 of cards with courier, from NZ to CGC, except it has been “held with customs” for 2 days already, and seems to be probably stuck for the christmas period too. Don’t even know what to do as I don’t sub often.

PSA on their website tells me they don’t accept shipments done with UPS.
So I don’t take the risk to use it.
Amazing you can use it, to which adres you need to ship them?

USA customs can easily take a week (or 2)
Sometimes they need more information about the content of your shipment.

Oh cool thanks, I paid so much extra for courier but I guess I’ll have to wait and hope as its like my PC and most special cards of 2023

How much was the value declared on your box? I had my first ed zard get stuck in customs once when shipping to psa, due to clearance fee’s etc

Out of my head 10K, but indeed when you send only a few very expensive cards it will fall out of the customs system and can take weeks to get it cleared.
So I always combine it with 100 or 200 other cards, take an average amount for each card.

But for now I will only grade cards who are raw >$1000 in person. I don’t mind having to wait for months untill there is a show were I can do this (long beach)
But shipping them, going through to many hands/stops really gives to much stress.

4 Likes

This has happen to me also, Fedextracking shows delivery, but PSA has refused.

I was this happens because when containers comes to PSA, they’re signed for, then PSA checks the packages and when they finds damaged packages, then returned to Fedex. Problem is that Fedex does not have any option to tell us this.

What was terrible for me was that they refuese to send it back to me first, and when they finelly sent it back, I was charge 450 usd for the returnshipping, and they have refuesed to give me this back, as claims they delivered the package within their standard. (It was clearly waterdamaged, but thank god no cards damaged)

I have no clue what they will charge me for the return shipping.
But as long as the middle box isn’t damaged I’m fine.

Clearly it was damaged by Fedex, because it was a very good thick brand new box.

1 Like

To make the story even worse.
The package is in the Netherlands, but on hold at customs.
They want me to pay over 1500 euro taxes to get my own cards back.

Thanks to the person who filed the return papers and marked it as sold goods.

And I’m not even sure what they charged me for the shipping, could be easily over 200.
Thanks you PSA for refusing my double boxed package and not notifying.

8 Likes

I am so sorry, Lia. This is absolutely insane. :frowning:

I hope that you are able to work with customs to prove that these are not sold goods and simply a returned package.