Is it just me or...? $500

So today I get back PSA Submission No.15 and I was super excited to open it up and see how I did. Upon opening I am honestly not impressed at how much slabs were returned…

I don’t know if its me or not, but as a collector and for just ‘general eye appeal’, my returns look shocking, especially for a 10?

The camera doesn’t do it justice and I have a video uploading currently to YouTube showing their conditions, but so many of them have air bubbles on both the front and the back of the packets.

#NOTE# The lighting on some of the pictures is deliberate to show off how they were packaged. Sorry in advance :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I get all of your thoughts and opinions please? I think just from looking at how they were packaged, that the packets have literally just been shoved into the cases [and it took over 65 business days to get done], though I know that is only an expected time.

Really appreciate your comments / replies.

Thanks!

1 Like

Pack grading in general is very unappealing to me, im not sure if the above results are typical, but i wouldn’t be happy at all with them

7 Likes

That is very unappealing and an unfortunate outcome. Hope things work out for you.

2 Likes

Well that looks pretty average…

On something semi related the cases look huge, any chance you could post a picture of one of these next to a standard card please?

I got these 6 packets graded as the unlimited ones were from my base set booster box I opened up a couple of years ago, and then the others are the black triangle error packets. Knowing how much their are worth graded, I thought I would take the plunge… Really wishing I didn’t now, as I can see this just being a headache when I contact PSA regarding it… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the photo gav they are huge

You pay good coin to get them cased, might be worth the headache… Best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, means a lot.

I’ll contact them as soon as they open - like 2am my time, haha

That looks very rushed, the ones i used to have had the flaps folded more neatly, they looked quite nice.

I used to like the idea of having graded packs, but as time went on i didn’t like em in the sense that it didn’t do anything for my collection so i just sold them and stuck to ungraded ones which i can show off with the flaps unfolded.

I’ve never seen graded packs crammed and wrinkled like this. You got boned. No two ways about it. Best of luck sorting this out with PSA. Keep us updated!

That’s disgusting!

PSA are pretty good when it comes to sorting issues out though. The thing is I can’t see any of those packs being Gem Mint anymore =(

I’ve got four damaged cards (all inside slabs with 10’s) that PSA damaged. I know mistakes happen, but it’s so devastating when they happen to you. All the best mate! Keep us all updated.

2 Likes

I got in contact with PSA and got a great representative - Shout out to him.

I sent him a copy of this thread showcasing just a couple of the pictures . The customer rep. went and spoke with his manager and I’ve since received an email requesting all slabs to be returned.

When they arrive, he will handle it personally for me. The grades will be reviewed free of charge, and if the grade is affected [due to damage], PSA will pay for the damages. The shipping to and from will also be covered by PSA as its going to be expensive to ship 6 bulky slabs back to America.

I’ll see if I can get the video up at some point today, just for my own records, but to show you the difference between a photo and how they look on camera.

Thank you all for your input!

I will keep you updated.

Gav.

5 Likes

That’s a fantastic update! Good on PSA for covering everything. Hope it works out for the best man

1 Like

I generally have had nothing but exceptional service with PSA in my 6 years of membership. On the one hand, the way these packs were encapsulated is reprehensible, but on the other, it sounds like PSA is going above and beyond to take ownership and rectify the situation. I’m sure the inconvenience will be a bit annoying, but it is reassuring to know (as a fellow customer) that PSA is responsive to issues like this.

Wow. That is a cringefest. At least they’re paying for everything and rectifying the situation!

Video is now uploading

#AustralianNetIsSlow

1 Like

That’s rough but at least they are fixing the issue. I have some graded packs coming back in 2 days. I hope they don’t look like that.

Great to hear they are willing to fix this situation. :blush: Would’ve been nightmarish task to sell them as “PSA 10’s”.

I know I said ‘black star triangle error’ a couple of times throughout the video. Please ignore that :stuck_out_tongue:

Video is currently set to unlisted, but its viewable. With that said, this was filmed just to show case the different between a still shot camera and a video as well as documentation purposes. Slabs are on their way back to PSA via Express Post.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwsH3vFiyQQ

Received mine back today. Most of the packs look horrible.

The front looks a lot better than gavs xD I guess that’s a plus