PSA $7.50 Pokemon Grading Special

Same. I feel like whoever is doing the price checks on the “free” grades is basically finding whatever the highest eBay sold listing is (legit or not) that they can find and saying that’s the market price for the card.

What’s the downside of submitting through bulk, though? Even if they do “catch” you? That you have to wait slightly longer to get your cards back compared to paying for the more “premium” grading service? And I suppose if you’re worried about PSA losing your card then it also matters for insurance purposes? But from what I understand PSA doesn’t lose cards very often.

I saved at least several hundred dollars by just submitting through bulk on my last order.

And I don’t apologize for this at all, as there is such a big difference between prices for PSA 10s and PSA 9s and I don’t know what grades the cards will be receiving, so why would I pay the price option of assuming they will be PSA 10s?

Damaged or lost cards. Max reimbursement is what you list the value at.

Lost I understand, but how often does PSA actually take responsibility for cards being damaged? I’ve heard of some people getting a card damaged by PSA but I’ve never heard of any of them being compensated for it.

2 Likes

^ This. The benefit outweighs the risk IMHO. I’ve saved thousands in grading fees with this approach.

1 Like

I think I heard a story or two about a free submission or acouple I can’t remember but that doesn’t make up for a damaged card.

I go by raw card value as any reasonable person would. It is such a joke that PSA goes based on final graded value, but it aligns with their other business practices, so they are consistent in their inconsistency and incompetence.

When I submit a card that I paid 4+ (or more) figures for, that is 4+ (or more) figures in any grade then I go with the appropriate service level for it’s valuation per it’s condition while being pessimistic about the final grade. IMO it’s ridiculous that PSA accepts certain cards in bulk anymore, there should be an automatic denial when trying to enter it in their online submission form. When I submit a card that is $1,000+ in PSA 10 and <=$100-$200 in PSA 8 or less, which is absurdly common these days for WOTC cards, I will submit it via bulk nearly 100% of the time.

5 Likes

When you blow out your candle with PSA, but see $7.50 grading prices…

21 Likes

Exactly. It is beyond ridiculous that I should *assume* my card will grade a PSA 10 and pay more for the grading when the reality is that PSA is not going to give me my money back if it grades a PSA 9.

In addition to that, my experience of being charged several hundred extra for my 15-card bulk card submission vs saving several hundred dollars through my huge bulk order just makes me think that PSA gets lazy about looking at prices for bulk cards. There’s too much money to be saved to not use bulk IMO.

Literally everyone here in 6 months when they get their promo PSA submissions back

https://i.imgur.com/KSH2QY8.gif

5 Likes

Members of E4: Homer

PSA Employees: Bart

1 Like

Kind of confused why they would do this when they have a million card backlog?

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty baffling.

“There’s too much demand and not enough supply for our grading services… perfect time to lower our prices!”

2 Likes

maybe they hired lots of people in the meantime who will start working once things open up

How often does psa “lose” cards… should be i be breaking up the parcels? I have a few 1st edition chars (not base) and shinings i want graded but freaking out about sending them in one box

They did not.

Do not send those on the cheapest special. You can get better treatment and more security for literally change more per card.

I thought I was missing something in this equation but I guess not.

Maybe they just noticed the huge demand for people wanting to try and grade cards right now and they want to capitalize on it out of greed regardless of if it’s a good idea or not.

1 Like

Just bought my first membership, WOTC and some evolutions zards are going in for me. Maybe some japanese cards too. Oh boy, I’m excited

Just to be clear, are they fully operational right now? I was under the impression they were operating at a significantly reduced capacity. Have things changed and they are working normally again.

I am just unable to wrap my head around why they would do this move at this time. I wouldn’t be surprised if this just aggravated the already bad situation.

1 million card backlog + covid19 + discounted prices.

1 Like

Jokes aside, for this bulk service do they cap the 99$ value based on their own websites recomended value post grading or before?
I have a couple cards in my 20 card order that would be worth 90-125 based on pokemonprices.com at psa 10 but psa.com has the psa 10 value at 95$