PSA 6 1st Edition Base Charizard $1370

Wow! That’s quite the price spike, no? I really hope mine at PSA comes back a 6 but I’m guessing a 5. Either way, quite a jumper.

www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-6-EX-MINT-Charizard-4-102-1ST-EDITION-Base-Set-Shadowless-HOLO-Pokemon-Card/222707463908?hash=item33da6636e4:g:a1kAAOSwKQ9Z7LtQ

Meanwhile…

$1000 PSA 6 Zard

The guy has 1 feedback. Not saying the sale isn’t legit, but I wouldn’t make too much of this one sale just yet.

Ohhh, okay gotcha. Sorry I just was looking at the sold listings didn’t think to look at what’s currently out there. Hmmm yeah that is a little strange.

Yeah from the few time I saw psa 6 charizard sell on ebay the last few months, it goes for anywhere between 700-1000$!

I just picked up one myself through a private sale for $1000.00 USD.

I thought I would share that info to help you determine its “market value.”

Best of luck with the grade!

Awesome. Yeah the PSA 6 has def exploded % wise, I think the lower grades will continue to be the best % wise investment

Don’t let prices from one seller determine the new market, just check the eBay junk/crap thread, it’s full of people unloading good cards along crap cards at excessively inflated prices.

I bought a raw charizard about 3-4 months ago that graded a 6. I paid $625 for the raw card from a reddit sale. The seller knew it would grade a 5 or 6, so he was selling it near market value for the time. If a PSA 6 sells for $1000 today, that’s a 160% increase in price from what I paid. That’s quite a jump for such low grade.

1 Like

I don’t think a 1st Edition Charizard without ridiculous damage (creasing, etc) should ever earn under $1000 anymore.

2 Likes

Yeah I had the same experience bought a raw charizard that will probably be a psa 6 2 months ago for $650 now looks like those are worth at least $1000.

1 Like

That sounds about right. However, unlike OP I don’t see much growth when it comes to PSA 5-6. I just mean this in a way that this growth is not sustainable. Prices aren’t going to double every year. lol

Yes, serious collectors pay quite a big price for 8s and 9s lately but they probably would never touch a 6… unless it’s really cheap or it’s for flipping.

Eh, the more 8s and 9s end up in serious collectors’ hands, the less availability they will have on the market. Pretty soon (and when I say soon, I mean within two years or so), 6s and 7s will be the new 8s and 9s because the latter just won’t be up for sale anymore.

2 Likes

Exactly. At a certain point, there is going to be tons of people who want the holy grail who won’t be able to afford to spend $5000 for a PSA 8 once it gets there. The lower grades are going to increase at a similar pace as the higher grades.

I think you’re kidding?
Showing growth doesn’t have to translate to “doubling every year” otherwise it’s not growth. 5% a year is still growth,
We might be getting a little spoiled by the increases as of late.

2 Likes

I think you might have misread my post, but I agree with you. I was just making this statement for a few people that seem to think the increases will keep on forever.

1 Like