1st Edition Charizard PSA 8

So I’ve been watching 1st ed zards for a while and just noticed this.

m.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-1st-Edition-4-Charizard-Holo-PSA-8-NM-MT/182833157749?hash=item2a91b49675%3Ag%3AfbQAAOSwynRZ2cYW&_trkparms=pageci%253A26217ad0-bc3b-11e7-bdc2-74dbd180dd5e%257Cparentrq%253A6567493615f0aa4653c6f3d7fffc81a7%257Ciid%253A1

Watchcount says it sold for 3k.
Seems like for every +1 grade from psa 6 up, price seems to rise up by 1k (barring psa 10)

Thoughts?

Yeah i’m honestly not surprised… The one before that on OCT 18th sold for 3k aswell, and the one before that on the 17th sold for $2850

Lower grades are adjusting up big time on 1st ed holos. I predicted this, but I didn’t expect it to happen this quickly(before I could buy a few). :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Definitely… prices have really jumped since August.

Anything under a 7 seems to sell within a day if it has worldwide shipping.

Personally the one that sold on the 18th was really bottom heavy centering wise. Would definitely defer me from purchasing it when the other options looked more visually appealing. Just me being nitpicky i guess :blush:

What happened since August? Why the price jump?

I’m not so sure. I’ve just been observing and noticed prices rising. Shadowless and 1st ed seem to have doubled in price since then, while unlimited has grown by about 50%?

edit: id say more late July is when I noticed prices slowly rising, with late August being the big leap.

I tried to sell my 9 in July for $2800 and had no buyers … Really glad I didn’t lol :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

A lot of it is just price adjustment on lower grades in relation to the $20k 10s, the $55k Pristine and also that $54k box. It’s a perfect storm really.

A lot of hype = high prices. I think some people are overpaying when it comes to cards in the 4-7 range, but people are hungry for these. They’ll buy whatever is available if their budget allows it. Someone could dump 100 on ebay tomorrow and the market would absorb them like nothing had happened.

That being said, I don’t expect much growth for the next few months… unless a 10 sells for a crazy amount.

There’s never going to be enough product out there to satisfy everyone. It’s going to be very interesting what happens with cards in the VLP/NM range in years to come as all the finest examples will be locked up in private collections.

I mean if I had the money I could help you rectify that no buyers for the 2.8k for a psa 9 situation :blush:

1 Like

A year ago a vaguely remember a 9 selling for $3,500. Weird your $2,800 didn’t sell.

Well last November I bought mine for $1900 and that was market price at that time. No chance a year ago they were selling for $3500. But yah it was June specifically that I had it listed on ebay/instagram for $2800 for about a month and no one bought it.

2 Likes

And it’s $6,000 now. Omg.

exciting stuff!!!

Last year some PSA 9 1st edition Charizards were going for $1500-1600.

I may have bought a couple.

1 Like

m.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-1999-Base-Set-Charizard-1st-Edition-Holo-Foil-Rare-4-102-PSA-8-NM-MT/292287003924?hash=item440da9bd14:g:SFsAAOSwa9NZ26P3

About a week later, another one sells for 3.5k. Anyone want to guess where prices will stabilize at in regards to PSA 10s, 9s, and 8s?

Personally I think if PSA 10s stay at 20k it’ll look something like this.

PSA 10 - 20k
PSA 9 - 7-8k
PSA 8 - 5k

I see the 7’s / 8’s rising significantly higher in the near future. Many collectors want that holy grail but can’t fork out that 20k, or simply are fine with a 7 or an 8 grade.

2 Likes

I think that’s a good prediction of price range. However, I greatly doubt psa 10 zard will stay at 20k. It’ll be much higher by the time the lower grades reach the levels you’re suggesting.

2 Likes

Yeah… there’s just been too many for sale recently. $20k is rock bottom value at this point. I’m also starting to wonder if these prices will ever stabilise anytime soon, perhaps by next summer or so.

I just hope the 6-7 ones stay somewhat affordable so I can grab a copy in a couple months. :grin:

2 Likes