[FOUND!] WTB 1st Edition Base Charizard - PSA 5-6

UPDATE: I found the card I was looking for. Thank you all!

WTB 1st Edition Base Set Charizard - PSA 5-6

Thick Stamp preferred.

PSA 5 - $~7K

PSA 6 - ~$8K

100% feedback on eBay for 20 years + references on IG if needed.

5 Likes

If you find someone willing to sell me a 7, I’ll seriously consider selling you my strong thick 6.

I’m looking to get a thick 7 for around 10. I would be happy to pay the difference of what you say, basically about a K or 2. Food for thought.

I ideally wanted to grab a 7, wait to sell my 6 simply to break even, but it is hard af finding a 7 at the moment, so I’m considering going to the forum for help anyway.

Sorry if this isn’t helpful at all.

People on ebay are actually out of their minds with their 7’s. Might as well be asking 100 grand.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately, 7’s are way above 10 at this point, and a guy I spoke to about a 6 was already offered over 10k+.

I have a thick stamp BGS 7.5 and I’ve gotten offers ~20k+ as well.

A guy you talked to had gotten 10k+ offers on 6 but you offer 8k? Kind of submarining your thread, no?

10 Likes

Haha, good point. Not my smartest moment. However, I’m not willing to pay over 10K+ for a 6.

So if anybody wants to make a reasonable offer, I’m game! :blush:

Collectibles Guru? That you? :crazy_face: just kidding.

Good luck in your search. I think the prices on Charizard are going to do what the Jordan rookies did after they spiked, come down a little and track on up again. Might be best to wait until some of this new hype dies.

Ha. The gooroo would offer $3K and $5K respectively. Don’t do him like that.

1 Like

Haha, probably. Or buy a 5 call it WEAK and then cry for his money back.

I have a 7 but only trading for base set 2 psa 9 with cash

1 Like

eBay’s lowest listings for PSA 4, 5 & 6 are now all above $10k. They were not that high when you posted this. :skull:

1 Like

4s?

wow

1 Like

Something alien happened this week. It is funny, because there haven’t been many sales of 1st Charizard. But it’s like everyone smelled a… fart in the wind… and decided to just disproportionately raise their Charizards. Somehow it became a thing that anyone who has one, screw it, even a PSA 1, can just say 10k or no deal.

The last 7 to have sold is 10k. That was the last I saw of sanity in this civilization. (A glimmer, mind you)

3 Likes

There was a PSA 5 up but it sold very quickly. But the same seller also listed a PSA 7 For 25k maybe you could make a reasonable offer to them? If not your best bet is a auction. Good luck to you guys!

I have a 7!

1 Like

This summarizes well. Anyone with a 1st ed zard is listing at 10k+… Great if you have one already, damned if you do not (I am in this bracket lol)

1 Like

For the most iconic card in the hobby, there are only 2,545 PSA examples in total. I’m not sure what the corresponding pop is in BGS cases, but with the recent demand and spotlight on the hobby, the only way the price for lower grades is heading, is north. Really mindful that I’m sounding like Guru here lol.

Best of luck with your search.

People who aren’t hardcore graded card collectors are less likely to care about the number on the slab and more about just having the card itself, if sports cards are any relevant precedent.

5 Likes

Crazy that there are only 172 psa No rarity…:crazy_face:

1 Like

www.slabwatch.com/itm/1st-Edition-Shadowless-Charizard-PSA-4/284033541648?pageci=8d3ce7fe-f062-4859-89d6-3871b45f66be

A 4 just sold for $10k!

2 Likes

Has this been confirmed as paid yet, or did it just sell?