1st Edition Charizard PSA 8

Yeah I think you are right about supply. There are many PSA 10s that have been available recently, so most people are only going to bid $20-21k, and if the price beats their max bid, they know they can just wait for the next one. I think that’s why we aren’t seeing bids go above $21k. However, once the length of time increases between PSA 10 zards that are listed, that’s when we will see the bid competition push the price higher.

I think that any stabilization that occurs is only temporary. Maybe $20k will be the price for a few months, maybe a year. But I think when dealing with something as sought after as 1st edition base set and the fact that the available supply is only getting smaller and smaller, there is no such thing as long-term stabilization.

1 Like

Fair enough. I do think 9s will hit that price point in 6 months or less though. We’ve seen them double in price in roughly ~3 months. I don’t think we’re that far away. But agreed, market has seen many 10 sales lately. When they become more scarce I think prices will rise for 10s and all lower grades.

One just sold on eBay for $3632!!!

4 Likes

Holy. What does this mean for PSA9 and 10? To the moon.

I think that means less for PSA 9 and 10 than it does for PSA 7 and below. The <PSA9 grades have had so much room to grow for awhile now.

1 Like

FOMO is doing the most for this hobby right now i think :joy:

3 Likes

Great investment! Don’t play the stock market. Play Pokemon!

2 Likes

Quick question, so with the 8s that have sold recently, I’ve noticed they have all been thin stamped and have been consistantly selling for between 3500-3700 what does this mean for the preferred thick stamps? I’m guessing they would go for a higher premium? If so how much more would they usually sell for in comparison to the thin stamped cards?

Probably a little higher yea

1 Like

PSA 8 just hit $4000!! Crazy!! Just keeps going up and up and up! Glad I got one 2 months ago, I’d never be able to afford one now

Oops I did it again lol. That was a really nice one with a nice thick stamp this time. Got both now. I will admit it’s a little stupid. But when you gotta have a card you gotta have a card. Hopefully it sets a new standard anyways.

4 Likes

Are we seeing the birth of a second gary?

4 Likes

Will this card ever reach a ceiling? I could’ve sworn just last month the psa 9 was $4,000. The card just keeps skyrocketing nonstop.

Link?

m.ebay.ca/itm/263334164593

1 Like

Now THAT’S a thicc boi :wink:

1 Like

And another one
www.ebay.ca/itm/1999-POKEMON-1ST-EDITION-BASE-SET-SHADOWLESS-HOLO-CHARIZARD-CARD-4-102-PSA-8-NR-/172993610901

seriously. I bought a PSA 8 three months ago for $2300. I was considering a PSA 9 for $4000 at the time, but I couldn’t really afford the PSA 9. Now I wouldn’t be able to afford a PSA 8!

2 Likes

I brought mine for 1800 at the beginning of September, I predicted the price was going to rise but had no idea to this extent this fast. It seems as always the 1st ed zard is full of mad surprises!! I honestly think the 8 could be worth closer to 10k this time next year, maybe more!! Don’t underestimate the power of charizards!!!it always seems to rise in value over everybody’s expectations

1 Like