PSA 10 Torchic Star 108/109

Greatings,

Been a long time collector and accomplished player. Recently i just did my first batch of grade from PSA. out of my 15 free** grades I got a total of nine grade 10’s! Two being Gold Stars. Torchic and Treecko. Treecko pricing is readily readily available on ebay. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of a realistic price for a Torchic Gold Star PSA 10.

I’ll have a few other interesting price check posts in the future with some more obscure cards.

Thank you!

1 Like

There are good resources to use for that are accurate and accessible. eBay sold listings is easy to use. As of like this week pwcc also allows people to look up past eBay auctions dating back to 2004. Those would be your best bet to examine pricing and change in value overtime.

4 Likes

I believe you will soon have your inbox assaulted. AFAIK offers are floating around on this card of $5,000+. I don’t think a 10 has been graded of this card in quite some time and it is the lowest gold star PSA 10 pop.

If your are selling patience and some advertising will go a long way. A card like this would do very well at a 99 cent no reserve auction I’d think.

2 Likes

As @gottaketchumall many people are willing to pay upwards of $5000 for it. It’s definitely a card I could see going for way more though, if I personally were selling it I’d probably sell for $7500 at least. I’m not looking for a quick return though. The best thing about this card right now is the seller controls the market, you can choose your price and eventually someone will buy it from you. It’s a nice looking card, has high demand, and has low POP in 10s, you’ve got yourself quite a nice card there.
Mjisaacs

Thanks for the help guys. I figured the card could go for $5000 but was still optimistic about it. I see Cardhaus.eu has one up on ebay right now for 19k ish which i think is too high.

1 Like

Congrats on the grade, that really is awesome. :blush:

Not only a ridiculous price, but a scammer and blacklisted seller. Their prices are best to be straight up ignored.

2 Likes

Wasn’t aware they were a scammer. Is there a list of scammers on this board (I’m new to the board).
I just thought he was putting up rare items to bring in traffic to his ebay store.

Yes there is! www.elitefourum.com/t/e4-master-ebay-seller-buyer-blacklist/15572/1

1 Like

Heres an anecdote for another low pop card that was trying to be sold for more based on lack of recent sales:
LC Zard holo was pop 6, friend of my wanted to sell for 12k no less when he was offered 8k he declined. One sold for 8.5k on ebay not too long after it was listed. He dropped his price to 10k still expecting demand on a low pop card. Another sold on ebay for like 6-6.5k or somewhere around there. He ended up trading it for 6k, losing 2k in the process from holding off on selling at market price.

Hype for torchic will be short lived once all bulk orders from people come back with psa 10 torchics in them. With the deparity between the other TRR gold stars in 10s, id be willing to bet torchic price will go down.

2 Likes

I don’t think i’d go as far as saying he’s really a scammer and would just steal from you. Sure he’s done some shady shit in the past but if you worked out a deal with him I’m sure the sale would go smooth. He’s bought from me a few times as well with no problems. And yeah I think majority of his cards are just for traffic on ebay until he actually decides to sell them, then he changes prices.

He both shills auctions and cancels when they dont hit a price he wants. Ethan has had some trouble with him personally as well i believe so i would say he is not the best kind of person tbh.

1 Like

Sell for $5k+ before the price goes down, I’d be willing to bet the pop increases a decent bit.

Which is why I said i’m sure he’s done some shady stuff but I don’t think he’s ever stolen. Anyways just always remember to protect yourself when buying/selling from anyone on the internet.

We were discussing this in the discord earlier, but I am not exactly sure how the pop would increase really. There are only 11 in the pop report.

Team Rocket Returns as shown by another efour user had a very small print run and its not like there is a ton of Team Rocket Returns sealed product available on ebay. Ex series print runs were actually very small, especially early ones like this (this was the first set with gold stars in English). I see a total of 2 users selling individual boosters (which are most likely weighed of course) with the packs being valued at around 100 dollars each. 3 different gold stars and a 1 in 2 box rate kind of seems like the population will stay low and with only 7 total boxes sold in 2017 and looking like less (and possibly the same boxes) being sold in 2018 I don’t really see any influx coming.

Unlike other ex series product, TRR wasn’t really available in much blister/tin/products and what tin products exist is pretty minimal currently

2 Likes

Agreed I really don’t get the logic in this thread that all of a sudden a bunch of team rocket returns gold stars in PSA 10 will enter the pop.

I don’t think the pop has to increase due to people cracking boxes. You’d be surprised to find out that people might have opened boxes years ago and held on to the card raw. Now with offers of $5k for this card, you better believe everyone who owns a copy will be grading it. I talked to a guy who was sitting on 1st edition base set holos that he opened from a box 12 years ago. He’s just getting cards back now and many graded PSA 10.

Also, how many people are offering $5k? Say there are 3 people right now willing to pay $5k. What happens when 4 PSA 10s hit the market? The first 3 will sell for $5k and then you’ll see a drop off after the people desperate for the card get a hold of it.

I have been looking to buy Expedition Charizard in PSA 10 for awhile now. The card auctioned at PWCC for over $2300 when no others were on the market and the card was POP 19. Now, the card is POP 24 and I know of a sale for $1600 and one under $1500!

Nobody knows for what will happen, so it will be interesting to look back a year from now and see what happened.

5 Likes

Pwcc may be the way to go here. Everyone looking for the card will likely see it as well as others who have deep pockets.

I think these are great points. Additionally, keep in mind that every new PSA 10 that is graded is basically a 10% increase in population.

Sure this set had a relatively low print and it’s a difficult card to pull but by no means was the release limited.

1 Like

You make very good points, but these cards are out there. Of course no one’s going to open $10,000+ worth of sealed product to find one that might not even score a 10, hence the premium some high roller completionist are willing to pay, but when you have cards with such low pop it only takes so much for the pop to double or triple and I’m sure it will.

I’ve seen it happen a lot. There’s even cards that were pop 2-3 back in September 2017 and now they’re like 12-15. EX TR is a very niche set, look how many cards have been graded. Some holos are pop 10 in total. Including every grade. lol Do you think there are really only 10 grade worthy copies out there?

$5k is a lot of money. It’s more than GS Charizard money or more than 1st Ed Base Holos and pretty much 99,9% of any English card ever printed. IMO the card has more odds of dipping to $3k than it has of growing to $7k+ so I’m also of the opinion that now is a good time to sell.

3 Likes