PSA 10 Fossil Rares 99-2000, Red Logo

In my recent submission I got back 9 Fossil 3rd Print rares. They all graded 9+ with 6 of them being 10s and 3 being 9s.

My question is, because this set is so niche, what would be the best way of determining value. I got an offer on the psa 10 gengar version and the offer was $600 + around 150 in trade. I just want to make sure before I let any of these go that I’m getting fair value from them even though they are niche, because they are also very rare.

I also understand the pokemon on the card obviously makes a difference so
For the 10s I got
Gengar
Hypno
Hitmonlee
Kabutops
Moltres
Raichu (This is a different printing than the one from the deck exclusive. I’ve held side by side and the card stock isn’t the same)

For the 9s I got
Ditto
Lapras
Dragonite

Thanks for any input, If I can’t get a fair amount for these to put towards my other sets I might even try to finish the rare set in psa7+ to make it easier to find some of the one’s I’m missing.

1 Like

As you mentioned, the cards are so niche that it really comes down to a buyer/seller agreement. I have seen the non-holo rares sell for $100-150 in ungraded Near Mint+/Mint condition, so I would think $600 + $150 in trade for the PSA 10 Gengar would be a very good deal on your end.

I’d be asking 4 figures per card

When it comes to truly rare cards like these there’s no “fair” price. You set the price.

1 Like

The 99-00 fossil cards only come as non holos except the zapdos.

2 Likes

Is the holo somewhat different from the standard fossil holo’s? I have read about it somewhere but haven’t verified. I have a sealed red logo box I’m not opening anytime soon.

The holos are not different

You sure? I’m pretty sure the 2000 Zapdos is a Cosmos Holo (I have it).

Slightly off topic, but I’m still looking to buy the 2000 Golduck (Thunderstorm). I actually paid about £20 for one that was listed as 2000, but I didn’t check the photos and it was actually the 1999 version - d’oh.

Slightly off-topic, but still related: do the Cosmos Holofoil Fossil cards come from regular packs as well, or were they some kind of test print never put in any packs?

Some example pictures of Cosmos Holofoil Fossil cards:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Most people believe it was a test print because a majority of the cosmos holo Fossil cards came from ex-WOTC employees or the Washington area. There has been no proof of them being pulled directly from packs.

2 Likes

This is very informative, thanks!

I have not pulled cosmos holos from heavy red logo packs. Small sample size and it’s making me curious.

1 Like