PSA 10 1st Ed Base Charizard Current Market Price?

According to Pokemonprice.com the last one sold for $40,100 more than a year ago…is there any legitimate private sale data that any of you have heard of since then? Price pretty stable at that price or has gone up / down? Thanks!

1 Like

I know of two privately, that sold for around that price this year.

5 Likes

We’ve also had people come on to efour offering $40k for one but haven’t been able to find a seller.

The only Charizard you’re likely to get for less than $40k at the moment is the sketchy listing on eBay in which the seller is unwilling to show the back of the card.

5 Likes

There have been at least 3 privates sales around $40k since the auction, which makes 5 total sales around $40k (including cullers’ first $40k sale and the auction). The price seems to be stable since the jump from $26k to $40k.

2 Likes

One sold a few weeks ago for OVER 50k ( I know the buyer and seller) and I’ve gotten a couple 50k offers for strong examples.

5 Likes

Theres one for sale for 45k obo on ebay.

1 Like

There was a 38.5k private deal for a weaker 10. Similar to that 45k listing. Either way that sale is negligible, as most are 40k or higher.

The higher range are most likely stronger grades and/or reputable sellers.

I know that card and it’s not worth 45k.

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

Look at the back.

1 Like

This is mirroring the sentiment from 2 years ago where everyone was set that the charizard card was 20k and will stay there after a meteoric rise in price, and PWCC certainly helped bring a consistent supply to the market each month with psa 10 auctions. each copy sold for 20k consistently for months. when supplies dried up a little, people started getting impatient and started paying 25k, 30k, then quickly 40k. if the current drought continues for a bit longer, say a year or so, i can see people willing to 50-60k or more just so they can lure out a seller of this card, particularly a strong one. if i had the money today, i’d be willing to offer 50k for one of the most iconic cards in the hobby.

2 Likes

I graded that card and used it to stage the one after it which was nice. I was shocked when it got the 10 too. But then I sold it because I didn’t feel it belonged in my collection. The other sequential hole is now part of that set on eBay and though not great at least I thought it could get the 10.

3 Likes