Pristine Price Check

Around $5,000 seems about right. Possibly a bit more if there’s a bid war going on.

1 Like

Price and Market Discussion

Thanks guys.
I was thinking 8000.00 but can get it for 4800.00 but based on all of you…my buy price matches your market estimates. It would fit my collection though;)

1 Like

I think 4.8 is very reasonable, I would go for it if I´d have your collection (&goals) :wink:

1 Like

You can share the extra $3200 with us, Gary. :laughing:

5 Likes

I know the card you’re talking about Gary. I’ve talked to him. It’s an amazing card, and I don’t think it’s any secret I like my BGS cards. I think it’s important to understand a couple things though.

1. Printing Quality of this set. Neo Shinings were printed very very good. Edges and corners. And the holo is just a small piece of foil, that as long as it stays untouched, will stay in fresh shape. These cards have a very good chance of coming out of the pack in A+++ shape. As far as sub grades go. This is different in say Shadowless. I’ve opened holos out of shadowless packs as I’m sure you have and have been very dissatisfied with the condition, and the grade they receive reflects that.
  2. How many of these have been graded by BGS?? So is this really a special card? If you cracked 4 psa 10 copies would one get 10? Would 2? I know bgs 10 is unbelievably hard to attain. I’ve sent my fair share of cards to them. But is this card really THAT much better than any PSA 10? Or is this just one that went to BGS instead of PSA.

My guess on this cards value would be maybe twice the price of a PSA 10. But strictly just on the perceived value. I don’t see many more of these ever coming around again, if any. But you’re paying for a grade. A number. In my opinion.

I feel BGS becomes more valuable with cards that aren’t printed as well. I think that both grading companies know what a card sets defects are right out of the pack. I also think they take that slightly into consideration. A high sub base set card is a greater accomplishment, than a neo high sub. Just because of printing quality.

This is my thought process on it anyway!

7 Likes

Was lucky enough to snag it :blush: Super excited

i.imgur.com/BFNnk4H_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

3 Likes

Congrats!

Mind telling us the price or it’s confidential?

I’m gunna keep the sale price between me and the seller for now. However, I will say that knowing him personally definitely helped him become convinced to sell it to me. He gave it to me for a very fair price.

Also, in my opinion, I think this thread is right about the value of this card being between 6k-10k

Totally an unbiased opinion right? Nothing to do with being the new owner of it :wink:

5 Likes

oh, that is totally objective. he based it on the “market.” :wink:

1 Like

how come gary didn’t buy it? he must be after a bigger fish these days.

Yeah I was gonna say I’m surprised Gary let you have it considering he was supposedly willing to go $8000 on it.

Cause I’m broke :scream:

In words of Our honorable president…

“Fake News” :wink:

2 Likes

He bought some Steam Siege cases instead.

5 Likes

Jeez didn’t last long straight up for sale

1 Like

That price is just dumb. But good luck to you. I have a PSA 10 for sale for almost a fifth of that price ha.

1 Like

Guys I’m not expecting to sell it for that much… Relax

Read the description. I’m just posting it to show it off and slowly get offers. It’s a pretty common thing.

1 Like

Totally get it. Good luck in selling