$18,000.00 Offer---I Just Can't Do It

A few were shocked. A few more laughed;) And still more thought I should enter Pokemon rehab, all because I paid almost 11k for that BGS Pristine Charizard. Yes, I’m a collector but I’m a businessman too. I knew it had more value than what I paid. Sure enough, after the auction I immediately got a 12.5k offer which I passed on. There’s been other nice offers but now this new one is the most. I guess I’m not as dumb as I look lol.

But, maybe I am that dumb because the collector in me…well, I just don’t think I can part with it:(

8 Likes

That’s when you know when you’re a real collector. When no amount of money can make you part with a collectible you love. Don’t take it Gary, listen to your dumb inner collector :blush:

And if you must think a business sense, how much will this be worth in 5-10 years? Probably much more than 18k…

8 Likes

just spat out my coffee

1 Like

If you don’t need the money, just keep it.

thats awesome, would love some new pics of the card if you got the time gary

Consider also that as soon as this listing initially sold, owners of 1st ed Charizards started considering if their PSA Charizards might be good enough to hit those heights at BGS. If anything we will start to see maybe a few more of these 9.5 Charizards and possibly a BL now that people have seen how astronomical the price goes. Sales breed more sales/listings (see how the Japanese GS Umbreons seem to be coming out of the woodwork now that 1 had a big sale price on Y!J)

I know you don’t need the money, but I wouldn’t so readily reject this offer.

I am literally eating popcorn while refreshing this thread.

4 Likes

Like many of my cards, it’s not on hand but there is a picture on my listing. It is flawless though. I couldn’t even find the most minuscule flaw.

That’s a good point house, but I already sent all mine in and they were the best of all the ones I ever owned and I graded almost half the population and always kept the very best ones. None of them crossed over to a 10.

The early Wizards holos were a bear to get BGS 9.5s not to mention a Pristine.

Yeah I have read your posts, and others about just how tough the early WOTC are to get to that level of perfection. I wouldn’t suggest that if another 9.5 would suddenly make your investment plummet. More that, now that others have seen the possibilities in terms of profits, I think it’d be very prudent to closely monitor the situation because that 18,000 offer rejection might be a regret in a year or 2 if others show up.

Obviously the 18,000 offer is tempting for you, but what sort of numbers would this person have to throw out for you to accept?

1 Like

I guess 25,000.00 would take the thought work out of it but short of that would take a lot more consideration.
You are right though that I could end up regretting it but I love that card so being “stuck” with it wont break my heart;)

1 Like

A PreRelease Raichu :wink:

1 Like

Honestly, I wouldn’t trade my card for any card especially the fairytale pre raichu lol. I may buy it though my poke brothers would make sure it didn’t go cheap;)

2 Likes

Millhouse makes a good point. Bet there are more out there. At least one of the PSA 10s out there would surely transfer over?

Don’t take the offer, That zard is a Needle in a haystack.

3 Likes

House ALWAYS has good points;)

The rich keep getting richer lol.
It’s amazing!

I think the logical businessman in you is telling you yes; but the collector is saying no. It’s a toughie.

2 Likes

18 months - 2 years ago I was totally in the ‘Pre Release Raichu exists’ camp. But I think I may have my feet in the fairytale camp now.

3 Likes

Maybe if we all dis it enough, and there really is one, it’ll surface…thanks to us:)

1 Like

1 Like