Pristine Price Check

What should a BGS 10 (9.5 corners) English 1st Ed Shining Charizard sell for?
Thanks all…

Anybody have an educated opinion?

You would know as well as anyone, right?

3 Likes

With most things yes but this is a OOAK of a very valuable card so only my opinion isn’t good enough for me.

1 Like

Gary are you just bragging and trolling now :joy:

1 Like

Bragging about what?

About how much your card is worth

3-5 times the PSA 10 value for charizards.

No way. $6,000 - $10,000? Lol

it’s what Gary said, an educated opinion. The BGS 10 1st base sold for 55k when the PSA 10 was $20k (2.75x). The BGS 10 1st Ed dark Charizard sold for $2500 when its PSA 10 was $500. I sold my BGS 10 ex Dragon Charizard for $1200 when its PSA 10 was $350 (3.5x). Gary would be the best person to estimate but everyone has their own and mine is 3-5x PSA 10 value.

3 Likes

I think i saw a pristine 1st shining zard on insta this week with a top offer of 8k. Hope this helps

I don’t own the card though?

Another aspect to consider when comparing to the 1st ed Base BGS 10 copy, the shining is a much easier card to grade
1st ed base: 120 PSA 10, 604 PSA9
16.5% success rate

1st ed shining: 178 PSA 10, 157 PSA 953.1% success rate
There’s probably a few other BGS 10 candidates out there, I would be more conservative about how to value this card, personally.

6 Likes

I’d ballpark it around $5,000-6,000. It’s not an easy grade in a BGS 10 and I doubt anyone is investing in hoarding dozens PSA 10s to try and crossgrade (especially for only a 2-3x multiplier on a single card if anything).

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong. I guess I’ve seen crazier. I would never pay that much for a BGS card just buy a PSA 10.

4 Likes

I would have estimated $4k. My estimate may be low because PSA 10 is already the top of the mountain for me and I don’t really see excessive value in BGS 10 cards outside 1st edition base Charizard.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard to compare between BGS 10 and PSA 10 on English cards because there’s so few BGS Pristines. All would earn a big premium over PSA 10s though, just hard to show examples of.

1 Like

I don’t want to say exactly where I stand in this however $6,000-10,000 sounds absolutely reasonable to me. If I had the cash on hand I would totally buy it at that price. That’s just me though and I personally collect BGS 10s so that puts a different spin on things…

Mjisaacs

1 Like

Maybe $6k if it had to go to auction. I don’t feel like there’s enough interest for it to hit 5 figures.

1 Like

I’d like to say it would reach $5k :ok_hand:

1 Like