PWCC Buyers who instantly re-list the card for double

When an item sells on PWCC and then is instantly re-listed but for double what they just paid for it. They have no interest in owning the card they just buy it because they are limited and if you want it you have to pay the doubled price or wait 4 months for another one to be listed.

1 Like

Yea, so? It sucks but the card is the new owner and he can list it for whatever price he wants. A lot of people in every hobby have no interest in owning the items they have

16 Likes

That´s the nature of most items that are investable: watches, vintage cars etc etc. almost everyone has a sellout price. It doesn´t hurt to put something up for double what you paid when you have it in the vault anyways, most of these sellers don´t expect to sell the item but if they do they are happy with the price and move on.

3 Likes

15k Bulbasaur anyone?

2 Likes

Ultimately it’s a free market and people are free to do whatever they want with the cards once they own it.

What’s the alternative? Placing selling restrictions on somebody who buys an item?

6 Likes

Worked for me and sold by the time I woke up the next morning(so I probably should have listed higher). Ever think it could be that they aren’t trying their hardest to flip but would be happy to sell at that price and buy something more valuable with the additional money?

1 Like

It’s basically free money. If I see a card that is severely underpriced, why wouldn’t I buy it, flip it, and put the money into something I actually like? I’ve bought plenty of cards from people on this forum and had them 4x on PWCC only a month or so later.

I certainly cannot compete with most of the people in this hobby financially, but I can beat them occasionally with market knowledge.

2 Likes

Imagine trying to tell someone what to do with an item that they own.

6 Likes

Often it is less actually expecting to flip it and more if it’s already in your vault account may as well press a button to list for double market value yolo

6 Likes

if you wanted it you should have bid higher :blush:

7 Likes

What is the point of this thread

3 Likes

I understand this, am I not allowed to vent, that’s what this area is for.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with it it’s just frustrating seeing an item sell for 15k and get instantly delisted for 35k. It not going to sell anytime soon but it will eventually. Just frustrated as I have been looking for this for a while

I understand what a free market is and I am very much in favour of free markets. This is an area to vent and be sour. I am just annoyed that people are just here to make a quick buck and are getting in the way of me finishing my collection

1 Like

For f@$# sake, I’m not telling them what to do. Read where this thread is.
I
Am
Venting
My
Frustrations.

2 Likes

Yeah buy for 15 and list for 35. They are just trying to make a quick 20 thousand dollars, hoping that someone is desperate.

To vent frustration, did I list it in the wrong place and confuse everyone?

1 Like

I don’t mind the price of the card going up over time. It’s just frustrating that they buy a card for 15 and try to sell it for 35 like the price has gone up that I wouldn’t be so annoyed they bought it for 15 and listed it for 18, 19 or 20.
They just plan trying to rob people of 20 grand.

It wouldn’t be easier to finish your collection if he wouldn’t sell it ever again.

5 Likes

If a “tru collector” bought it you wouldn’t even see it listed

2 Likes