BGS 10 Charizard 1st Edition Base

Yayyy im loved lmao. i don’t mind being a wee bit bad :wink:

I know i shouldn’t post this here but did anyone know someone just recently graded a pristine bgs 10 1st ed base charizard?? says graded June 6 2017… someone is one lucky mofo!

A pristine beckett 10 you mean? What’s the pop on those? Does beckett even have a pop report?

I just edited that psa to bgs… whoops lol… Yes its now a pop 2. Pretty insane. I wish it was mine :ninja:

1 Like

I would love to see that hit ebay. Not like I could buy it, just super curious to see how much it beats the psa 10 if at all.

“if at all”. It would most certainly crush it. Not sure by how much exactly, but I bet it would be around ~$25-30k sale price at least, if not substantially more. A black label could probably near $50k if extremely well advertised as crazy as it sounds.

Last time a BGS 10 sold, @garyis2000 bought it on eBay auction for around 12k if my memory serves me… This was when the PSA 10 zard was around $5k-$6k.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t know if it would demand that much more of a premium. Back then we had a huge hype of the black label kangaskhan sale that really brought in a bunch of BGS hype. Now with more people putting BGS 10 cards on the market we’re seeing them often go for lower prices than PSA 10. I’m not saying it’s not impressive, but I’m not convinced it would see a higher premium than a PSA 10.

1 Like

@cullers I can’t say that I follow BGS 10 cards at all, but I am surprised to hear some go for under PSA 10. I need to start searching for BGS 10 pokemon to scoop some of those up. I’ll need to look back into it as well out of curiosity.

That being said, I doubt extremely highly that a BGS 10 POP 2 of the most widely known and likely the most desired card in the entire hobby which even has appeal to general card collectors due to it’s feature in SMR magazine and it’s highly publicized auctions at probstein and PWCC could possibly sell for less than it’s PSA 10 counterpart. I can almost guarantee it wouldn’t, because I would surely have my hat in the ring around PSA 10 level prices if it were to show itself at auction.

2 Likes

I think you’re kidding? I’d start my bidding at 25k.

1 Like

Where did you see the date of grading?

if i recall Gary has had over a 20k offer for his pristine 10 bgs charizard. i recall him mentioning it a couple different times somewhere on the forum

1 Like

i viewed it right on bgs website when viewing the cert # lookup. it give you all the info… surprisingly even the cards graded date!

www.beckett.com/grading/card-lookup?item_id=9888472&flag=1

Starting at 25k and $.99 are two different debates. Nearly every $.99 BGS 10 Pokemon card auction with the exception of your charizard (which also had the GAT effect applied to it) has gone for less than it’s PSA 10 counterpart. Heck you can search BGS 10 pokemon cards on eBay and find cards trying to be sold for PSA 10 prices, even though they’re supposed to be higher quality cards.

If it makes you feel better I wouldn’t be surprised to see it get a higher premium just because it’s a charizard. However, people that think ‘it’s a BGS 10 it deserves more money than a PSA 10’ are finding out that the market disagrees. I base my opinion on observations from the open market.

1 Like

I don’t think I mentioned any other card but my Pristine 1st Base Charizard. The cards your talking about I don’t pay attention to.
As far as the BGS 10 1st base Charizard you couldn’t be more wrong. If it gets listed it will zoom by the PSA 10s.

3 Likes

I would be incredibly surprised to see a BGS 10 Charizard that didn’t vastly outsell the PSA 10 price tag. Actually, that rings true for just about every noteworthy card. I have seen some BGS 10 cards that don’t catch much appeal, but they aren’t exactly paragons of the hobby.

1 Like

I remember seeing a English Jolteon Gold star BGS 10 sell for around $100USD less than PSA 10 at auction, both auctions were within a couple of weeks of each other. Charizard as usual is a different story though

*Adds a BGS 10 pokemon search to my daily routine*

“supposed to be higher quality cards”

I may get hurt for this, but they most certainly are higher quality cards***.

***IN GENERAL. Yes there are certain PSA 10’s that are better than certain BGS 10’s, but on average I don’t think many could argue that BGS 10 average is not higher quality overall than PSA 10 average.

To demonstrate, MANY/MOST BGS 10’s would cross to PSA 10’s, many PSA 10’s DO NOT cross to be BGS 10 worthy. Pokemon BGS is in it’s infancy so suffers from lack of market respect, but notable sports/other non sports BGS 10 prices commonly command a fair bit higher than PSA 10. @KingPokemon how many PSA 10 base set 1st edition cards did you try and crossover after buying your 10 zard? I recall you saying several of your better examples went over and I think none of them crossed to a BGS 10? Man I hope we see some black label 1st edition holos someday.

You’re absolutely right. It was my 20 best PSA 10 1st base holos. All my upgraded ones in 17 years of of opening boxes, grading, collecting, and selling. And how did I do? NOT A SINGLE PRISTINE. I was soooo sick. I couldn’t believe it:( I knew there wouldn’t be many but certainly expected 1 or 2.

It’s not possible for me to be wrong in this situation Gary. I’m not talking in absolutes, I’m just presenting a differing opinion that I’m not 100% convinced the BGS would outsell the PSA. Could it, yes. Do I expect it to maybe, but it’s not a cut and dry case as you’re trying to make it out to be.

I’m well aware of this, I just chose to use ‘supposed’ instead of ‘most certainly’. I’m not arguing the quality of the grade, but rather the demand for the grade. So I apologize for my semantics choice.

Unless the zombie apocalypse begins, it IS a 100% certainty that the BGS 10 1st Ed Base Charizard will easily outsell its PSA counterpart…as it should.

Now personally, I wish you were right cause I could save a lot of money when this card hits the market, which I will win;) (OMG…I’m starting to sound like Pokesyn :open_mouth: )

6 Likes

How much more will it go for Nostradamus?