Primarina/Decidueye/Incineroar Full Arts & Hyper Rares

I was thinking last night about the release of the starter pokemon full arts and hyper rares in the SM1+ set last night and became a bit concerned about a possible english release. Since they were already part of our Sun & Moon base set as GXs, I can’t think of a reason for them to be placed in another set somewhere between the other full arts, given how many other GXs are confirmed to be in the japanese SM2 set.

What do you guys think? Will we ever see the full arts/hypers of the starter GXs? Will they be just thrown into another set minus the standard GX? Maybe we will actually see a sub/miniset like Double Crisis?

If they are not released as part of SM2 It is possible that they can be released as promos. Maybe tins or a bit of a higher end set like the Pokemon Premium Collection for the 20th anniversary that included Mew and Mewtwo. That box was retailing for $80-90 :blush:.

1 Like

Good question. Off the top of my head each starter typically had 2 appearances for each tcg generation. I don’t know how English is going to handle the Japanese sm1+ set though.

I thought about promo releases, but it doesn’t seem likely to me. The only textured full arts we got as a promo in XY was the Mew and Mewtwo, and as far as I know, they have never given secret rares out in a packaged product (prove me wrong if they have, I’m really not certain).

I’m currently expecting us to just have a massive SM2 Ultra Rare list, but I’ve been searching over ebay listings of the japanese cards today contemplating the possibility that they won’t get an english release.

Hey! I believe Pokebeach posted a short article about this topic today!

www.pokebeach.com/2017/02/decidueye-gx-incineroar-gx-primarina-gx-premium-collections-in-june

Looks like we’re getting promo boxes for the FAs! Don’t know if they’ll be printing the Rainbow Rares. Maybe in Guardians Rising? If not, I really need a Rainbow Rare Decidueye in my life, so I’ll probably pick up a Japanese copy.

1 Like

I swear this wasn’t on pokebeach when I made this topic. I guess that answers the Full Art question, but will they be textured?
Might still have to track down the Hypers though.

GX Premium Collections

Pokebeach has just shown us pictures of the GX boxes, containing only the FA version, not the Hypers. Secure your japanese HRs today, don’t delay?

1 Like

And they’re in SM2, it has been confirmed.

I saw this on pokebeach, I was wondering if there are other sources besides pokebeach that people use for updates, or any twitter handles I can follow besides water pokemon master