Price check Shadowless base set collection plus more

hey all,

i am looking at purchasing a complete shadowless base set binder with mint to near mint cards.

it also includes the following:

1st edition fossil complete

1st edition jungle complete

1st edition team rocket complete

i have not received pics of the 1st editions but if it is in similar condition to the shadowless then it should be mint to near mint.

what do you guys think the current market price is for it?

I plan on grading everything that looks to be an 8 or higher and add it to my collection. So i’m not looking to lowball the guy at all.

PS: only reason I ask is because it seems like shadowless prices are all over the place on ebay.

$8

5 Likes

$124,00Ooo

2 Likes

If it is what you say it is, without seeing any pictures you are literally looking at a value between ÂŁ500 and ÂŁ25,000. Like come on, mint to near mint can mean rolled up, smoked but kept in a binder from most ebay search results

The claim is that they were never played and kept in a binder. dont know what you experts put that at as pack fresh can pull a psa 7.

they look like psa 8 and up material if that helps.

Binder prices are all over the place with terrible pics on ebay.

reported.

1 Like

thank you. ill pm you if I ever decide to sell. Have the cash ready.

Reported for what though? Come on, how serious do you really think people are going to be when this is something you can EASILY research yourself.

2 Likes

You obviously didn’t read my post. I have researched and I asked here because I consider this forum a good resource when it comes to this but apparently not. I’ll just take the $500 lowball number by whoever posted that in here and offer it to the guy. I have a hunch that it’ll be a steal at that price.

ps: I was obviously joking about reporting you.

@crankykevin welcome to e4 :blush:

You’re totally right the forum can be a great resource, but you’ll get out if it what you put in

As others have stated, complete 1st Ed sets could be worth a few hundred $, or many thousands of $. People here are generally helpful, but you’re going to get sarcastic replies if you haven’t put the work into researching… I’d suggest one of 2 things:

1. ask the seller for more pictures, then make a guess on condition and check eBay sold history yourself to assess a fair value.

2. send the seller a potential low-ball (like $500), knowing it’s a bit of a gamble for you depending on card condition/authenticity/etc., but this requires less work upfront. Also seller is probably unlikely to accept the offer, but you may get lucky.

I think where you’d find e4 most helpful is after you’ve taken these steps, then share any specific questions that can’t be easily researched.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I knew coming in I would probably get a couple of those joker posts but yeah I jumped the gun excitedly.

I’ll wait for pics of the other 3 sets but if they look anything like the shadowless they are going to be in great condition.

Thanks again.

1 Like

$10,000 minimum. Anything above that will require you to be very sure of the condition especially the big hitters. There’s no way for us to give you a precise valuation.

There’s three problems here on why people can’t give you a straight answer

1. unknown condition - already discussed here. Condition is the difference between a $500 and a $50000 charizord. That’s a single card
  2. you’re asking for a market price on 310 cards. To get something that isn’t a complete guess, it would take an amount of time and knowledge that shouldn’t be free. We don’t have access to information that is greatly different from what you have. If you find it difficult to do the work, it’s not much easier for any of us.
  3. the market is so dynamic right now that value changes every day. It’s not easy to price even single items, let alone entire sets
    It’s not like people are keeping the answer from you, the question is nearly unanswerable without investing a significant amount of time into research. Hence the sarcasm. If you want practical advice, I’d suggest compartmentalizing. ex. put a price on the average jungle/fossil holo and multiply by 16. Take the big cards like charizord or blastoise and price them out separately. It makes the problem a bit more tractable
7 Likes

About three fiddy.

3 Likes

The market on Pokemon is certainly in a “price discovery” phase with the current boom.

I’ll share some of my recent purchases in the past month if it helps gauge things, keeping in mind how dynamic pricing is currently.

Complete Shadowless Base Set (NM/MT to Mint with the Charizard graded PSA 6) = $12,000 USD

Complete 1st Edition Team Rocket Set ( 2 sets, both sets NM/Mint to Mint ) $3,500 and $5,000 USD respectively

Hope that helps you out!

Thank you. This is the info I was looking for to compare to what I have researched.

appreciate it greatly.

it’s not difficult at all if all you look at is ebay. I have info from months and months of research.

As others said the boom is causing prices to fluctuate all over the place. I was trying to get perspective from people who dont normally buy just off ebay. Thay do deals as I am, face to face or through forums. So you can see how it simply isnt a matter of “work”

Asking on these forums to compare to my research is pivotal and not just a random “hey i have this collection”

I am seriously trying to get back into the hobby and my fault if I misrepresented my knowledge or jumped the gun by not waiting for the 2nd wave of pics before asking.

i appreciate your response and will compartmentalize and try to narrow down a price for each set depending on condition once I get more pics.

thanks again.

Reported

thank you for the info.