Price Check PSA 9 1st Edition Base Set Chansey

The last 2 PSA 9 sales happened about 2 months ago, and there are currently no PSA 9 copies listed on eBay. There is one PSA 10 copy listed at $35K or best offer. Given these variables (and any others which I may have missed), what is the estimated price of a PSA 9 1st Edition Base Set Chansey?

with the recent upticks on 1st edition base, if I had to take a guess 2500-3000

1 Like

There is a PSA 9 listed for $4000 CAD (apprx. 3k USD): www.ebay.com/itm/1st-Edition-Shadowless-Chansey-Psa-9-scratched-case/283997193610?hash=item421f8d458a:g:RIYAAOSwv2FfTpZr

The case is scratched and the top edge looks a bit rough, a weak 9 in my opinion.

A very very rough calculation I use for 10 vs 9 values when the 10 price is driven largely by a difficulty to grade is that the 10 is around 10x the price of a 9. Unfortunately that isn’t very helpful when there hasn’t been a 10 sale recently. I know offers of 18k have been rejected and we know that the seller of the 35k one would take 28k, so you’re probably looking at between 2-2.5k for a 9 in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a cleaner 9 sell for 3k or above though.

7 Likes

There is also one available on ebay in the UK for £1600 obo (around $2100) after messaging the seller i know he’d be willing to accept £1400.

5 Likes

With Chansey, the price of 10 is a lot higher due to how low pop it is. 2k sounds reasonable. Chansey isn’t the most sought after.

Same with hitmonchan. The 10 price is much higher than the 9.
Magneton on some level as well. The last 10 sold for 8000, but I think you can probably grab a 9 for 900.

2 Likes

It’s a sellers market, so whatever price point you find is reasonable expect to add 20% on top to make a deal happen. Unless you find someone like me who accidentally sells the card at $600 below the market:)

2 Likes

Ouch sorry to hear that!

It’s ok, thank you brother. I’m more bothered that I sold it at all, because I almost never sell, but wanted to list a few attention grabbers. It is what it is :blush:

1 Like

Don’t worry. a few of my auctions in the past have yielded very bad results. it sucks to sell low, but it happens. i’m sure most times we bought the cards for much less, so there are gains still.

2 Likes

:)I’m really not bothered by it. Pokemon and the community is a massive net win in my book. And someone else got a great deal on a card they will get to enjoy.

maybe you reach out to that buyer 5 years later and strike a deal, since you did them a big favor in 2020. :wink:

Now that would be pretty cool. There’s a likelihood for that that’s greater in this hobby than in many others which I’ve participated. Ya never know! :blush:

Either way I’m happy they enjoy it :grin: