PokePhD's Collection -- Update 03/24/15

How does that work out for you doing the Minimum grading being at a PSA 10? I’ve never known anyone to do that.

Great cards and great results. Congratulations. :blush:

That is one amazing submission. Love the Gengar!

Hot damn those are very impressive returns! I’m still struggling to find that PLAY Mew even ungraded haha.

Honestly might start picking up these decks whenever possible. :wink:

4 Likes

do the ex cards from these decks have unique holo patterns?

I thought they were exclusive to the decks…

They do. It is the same Holo pattern as Deoxys ex and Rayquaza ex from their respective theme decks.

They are. PSA mislabeled it and I didn’t notice! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think they did. Only the deck cards have the same symbol as the english, the regular set (flight of legends) has the little windmill thingy.

Finally added this legend to my collection. Out of 5 raw copies to pass through my hands, the best would have been PSA 9. That said, I was stoked to purchase this card already graded at a fair enough price. Only cards I would want more than this are the PLAY promos and SSB No. 1. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Congrats! There are no better acquisitions than those we truly love and it’s really obvious you’re excited about this one.

Thanks @funmonkey54!

Indeed, it was the most satisfying get I have had in a long while! I keep glancing over at my PokéArea to check it out, but then I remember that I have a large report due in 9 hours.

Hahahahaha

Mine is due in 7 hours. I feel that so much right now.

1 Like

That 10 lugia is sick! I’m envious of your collection as you seem to be very knowledgeable about later sets whereas I’m more of an old nostalgia guy :stuck_out_tongue:

I too just finished 2 midterm papers… was distracted by making videos of my cat LOL

1 Like

Thanks a ton! If I can get that Regirock, I’ll happily retire from cards for a few months.

I will probably have to anyway given how much I plan to spend on the card. :unamused:

I’m almost at that point. It’s like, I have 4 or 5 things that are truly on my “must have” list, and then from there I’m just going to be satisfied and enjoy picking up the small things that interest me. But being as close as I am only makes me THAT much more anxious to obtain them, so I’m sitting on the money for them just waiting and scouring the connected PokeWorld for these treasures, going through depression/excitement cycles.

I totally know what you mean. A handful of cards that used to interest me just don’t catch my eye anymore since I am so focused on just a few cards. I need to set up some automatic searches to save myself 15 minutes each day.

Do you mind sharing which cards you are looking for? Feel free to PM me if you’d rather discuss in PM. :blush:

Excellent card! Lugia is one of my favorite Pokemon and the art on that is wicked sharp!

On a side note, how do you create “automatic searches”?

1 Like

Thank you! That is the card I mentioned to you in PM a few days back. :stuck_out_tongue:

On eBay you can “save a search” by searching a few key words of interest and selecting the option to “save search” right next to the text box. It might have been renamed to “follow this search.” On Y!J it is a bit more complicated and I haven’t entirely figured it out yet. I am 99% sure you will need a Y!J account. Anyone else care to explain?

1 Like

Awesome awesome collection mate! Not really into the new cards but all your psa 10’s are bringing me to the dark side hahah :stuck_out_tongue: