Pokémon World Championships 2022

3 Likes

Awesome, me and @Fireftw_TCG will pop down to meet, hang out and grab some autographs :smiley:

3 Likes

Last day of Worlds! Hopefully we get the announcement of where next years event will be located. Fingers crossed for the US. Where would everyone like to see it take place?

1 Like

My bet is on Tokyo - I’m purely basing it in the amount of optional red lights we have in the arena which would make a nice Japanese flag/backdrop for the announcement.

4 Likes

Japan would be insane! I’d definitely have to make a trip out of that.

1 Like

Yokohama Japan!

9 Likes

Thank you to everyone for a great Worlds, fantastic to meet all fellow collectors and talk the hobby and make memories! Looking forward to the next one, if I can I’ll be there for Japan 2023!

21 Likes

What a great excuse to finally visit Japan!

7 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!

I will be at Worlds 2023

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Worlds 2022 Photo Dump Thread

Oh wow. If anyone wants to know some non-tourist spots for both recreation and card buying then feel free to hit me up. I have been to basically every card shop in the city.

7 Likes

Oh wow ill definitely be there next year. Much closer to my end of the world. Pumped.

Wanted to visit Japan anyway so it is an amazing opportunity to Visit :slight_smile: Already now I am so pumped :smiley:

5 Likes

If I’m still in Asia, I’ll hop over! Haven’t been to Yokohama in years. I was there for a boring work conference and sneaked out to go and see the cherry blossom, the Pokémon center and of course a cheeky trip to yellow submarine in Tokyo. Just an hour on the train to central Tokyo!

1 Like

The mustache is done by Haggis. I can just tell. He did a mustache on every card he signed, including mine: :joy:

Greetz,
Quuador

14 Likes

Yeh it was :joy: I enjoyed the artistic license! I’m just glad nothing else was drawn on the Zard :grimacing:

1 Like

Will Japan let foreigners in? I hear its really tough to get in the country. Just speculating but what if they only let participants in the country and not spectators.

Looks like they’re really just banking on the country reopening to tourists before then. The logistics of visas for hundreds of competitors and staff sounds like a nightmare. The process is slow and some people don’t qualify until the last event prior which can be as little as 2 months prep time. It doesn’t sound reasonable.

A whole lot can change in 1 year.

3 Likes