Pokemon vintage channel

Hey guys,

Thought I’d drop a link to my channel here. I have mainly been doing videos on vintage product and prices. I’ve spoken about the recent price increases, how to adapt and work around them and how social media influences collectors. I’d love if it you could check it out and give me any feedback or suggestion or if you have any questions just let me know.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCkrB2AVarnRwQsYdg_smmgw

:blush:

8 Likes

Hey guys, I’ve got a new video about my best purchases in terms of value increase from the start of 2020 till now. I also talk a little about what a modern gym set could look like, hope you enjoy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz_PQU1fxYY

5 Likes

Mike, I love you and your videos.

1 Like

Ay! Thank you so much mate :blush: I’ve been struggling for motivation from being super busy, comments like this helps so much :blush:

I hope you don’t feel this way (: I like your videos too, and if it’s just a side gig, I hope that you can upload things at your own pace and that you won’t be too stressed to have to generate new content all the time.

1 Like

Ah really appreciate it, thank you so much too. Yeh I’m just doing it because I love discussing these things and I nice to connect with more people in the hobby in different ways. It also helps me get better at doing talks as it’s something I’ve never been comfortable with or would have done a lot of in general so it’s a like challenge and self improvement at the same time. Probably why sometimes I struggle with motivation for it.

1 Like

I’ve just done a new short video on ‘Are you a Pokémon collector or investor’ check it out and let me know what you think :blush:

1 Like

A bit of a different video today, really wanted to open some packs so did a hidden fates pack battle with my cat :blush:

Hey Mike:

Excellent video on Investor or Collector… very clear high quality video and great audio. Well done!

A thought came to my mind even before I clicked on the link to watch: I suspect there are many people who started out purely as collectors, but as card values have exploded reality is forcing them to accept that they have become investors to some degree, like it or not.

In my case, I started out as a voyeur collector – buying several Base Set packs for my daughter in 1999 and then watching her open them at the kitchen table and putting each card into a soft sleeve. The tone in her voice when she said, “Dad, I got a Char!” is still in my head and I smile every time I think about it.

I soon realized that, given the enormous global scale of the Pokemon frenzy at that time, kids would eventually become adults, get jobs, have disposable income… and hopefully remember how much fun they had with the cards. I figured that might lead to some serious demand for early material. So I stocked up on Base Set boxes in early 2000, which were just being phased out of current dealer stock.

My daughter thought I was going to be right on this idea, but neither of us came within light years of imagining the magnitude of how things turned out. I’ve been shaking my head in amazement so much these last few years that I don’t understand why my neck isn’t sore.

Keep up the good work with your videos!