Pokemon trade / buy/ sell / etc.. person meet ??

Sup fellas , back at it …

Wondering. Why not set up a in-person meet where everyone comes together 1-3x a year to discuss cards / trade cards / sell / and buy …?
The meet will obviously be held in public safe place. Maybe even be small fee to raise money for charity ?

This would be a cool way to spruce up the hobby and give collectors a better opportunity.

I’m in NYC / NJ.

Just a thought…!!

Let me know what you think.

Armin R.

2 Likes

I know that having a efour meet up has been spoken about before. I believe @smpratte has put some thought into this, but if I remember correctly, he said there are some legalities involved with Pokémon for having something like this take place.

Great idea I would definitely show up if given enough time to plan and prepare!

1 Like

I understand the Legality part.

If the event was real, I would personally just bring cards that I would want to sell or trade off. And cash to buy.

Perhaps people can sign a waiver and even sign in. But we’re all real adults. I think we’ll be fine :wink:

Aside from being fun and something new I think a meet like this will REALLY enhance the hobbies values.

Many cons to this can’t argue. But pros to it too.

Where and what is worlds ?

Interesting idea. What’s everybody doing next May? There’s a Connecticut regional we could plan to meet at. It’s far enough in advance and right around summer time. I’m in. Plan this like your wedding.

www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/pokemon-tournaments/regional-championships/

2 Likes

Currently the best option is meeting at a tournament. Worlds has the largest crowd. Once the dates are released they will be posted on E4.

Worlds is good plan but it’s not an exclusive meet.

Maybe schedule it the 2/3 days after worlds then some could come to both and others just for the E4 meetup. Wouldn’t need a buy/sell/trade. Just a long meet up.
I will attend if you all do;)

1 Like