Pokemon Meetup?

Had the pleasure of meeting @hyruleguardian yesterday. It was fantastic knowing that other pokemon trainers live so close to me. I’ve also met @7171 and @joer a few times as well. Joer is actually a very good friend of mine.
Would anyone in the northeast (U.S.) like to go out and have a social distancing beer? Worlds isn’t happening this year and I feel like that’s where a lot of people on here go to socialize with each other. Since we are robbed of Worlds, let’s all grab dinner or something! What say you?!

10 Likes

I wish I could but I can’t, halfaway across the worlddd. I wonder whether Pokemon enthusiasts are evenly distributed throughout the US though!

1 Like

I imagine we’re all over. You might see more in densely populated areas like New York just because there’s more people.

@chavycat, Just wanted to say congrats on the deal you made, its a shame that a few members have to try and spoil things. Hope all goes well in the future.

5 Likes

Thanks mate! Love the James Moltres pic BTW!

1 Like

I’m def down, but ideally at a time we won’t be worried about viruses!

2 Likes

This pretty much sums up how I feel. I might be down to meet up for a drink somewhere with outdoor seating or something… but at the same time, I am a bit wary of large meetups at the moment. Especially since I see my parents sometimes, who are in a more vulnerable group. So ultimately I would love to meet up but I’m not sure it’s something I would feel comfortable doing at present time. But don’t let me put a damper on things if some people would love to meet up soon!

6 Likes

Would love to eventually at some point. I also live in the Northeast of the US. Hello from your MA neighbor, NY!

7 Likes

@chavycat, and @azulryu, I’m in CT! Would love to do a social distance beer at some point.

6 Likes

I’d be perfectly comfortable doing it in Chicago if there’s a concentration of collectors here

6 Likes

This would be cool! I too am located in the northeast of the US. I’m new to collecting and probably wouldn’t have much to add in the conversation, but would love to soak in some knowledge and learn from everyone.

1 Like

e-4 pub crawl

4 Likes

Just putting it out there that I’d be down for a UK meetup if anyone was up for it! I’m London based but don’t mind travelling.

2 Likes

On the off chance any E4 members live in Lee or Collier County FL, I would be down to meetup and get a beer outdoors or something.

2 Likes

Northeast yes would love to one day, under present conditions no.

7 Likes

7 Likes

I’d love to meet up once the pandemic is over. I live in Long Island so NYU is easy for me.

2 Likes

I have never had a bad time when hanging out with fellow collectors. @chavycat, and I go way back to trading pokemon cards and playing lightsaber duels back in 4th grade. I have been dying to go to a large collectors gathering some day. As a teacher, I’m about to go back into personal quarantine if I go back to teaching. I must party hard from afar sadly for the foreseeable future…

Love the idea though and I miss my buddy…

2 Likes

Currently my favorite day of the week is tabletop simulator night. I meet up with a group of friends and play board games over voice chat on steam. Funny how this came to be the the not so normal normal…

1 Like

I’m always down. I’m in Ohio, as well as many other E4 guys, and we’ve discussed meeting up before, but it never came to fruition. Pokémon and beer is kind of my thing lol, so if this meet up ever becomes realistic, I’ll happily travel somewhere that is a nice central location for everyone!

3 Likes