Collect-A-Con

Anyone going to Pokécon, I mean Collect-A-Con, here in a few weeks in Dallas, TX?

It would be fun to meet up with some E4ites. Me and @kantoshark will be at a booth. Just look for a couple 6 and half foot white dudes.

www.eventbrite.com/e/collect-a-con-tickets-123545940233

5 Likes

Won’t be able to make this one but have fun and be safe everyone.

4 Likes

Im sure covid will be making an appearance

31 Likes

Covid doesn’t exist in Texas!

8 Likes

Neither does Ted Cruz :sunglasses:

1 Like

Lol they removed all mention of Pokémon and the Pokémon card giveaway to entrants

3 Likes

Probably so they don’t get sued

1 Like

A non-sponsored event in the middle of a global pandemic… surprised it took this long for that to happen.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the convention and running this booth! Please stop by and say hey!

3 Likes

Congrats on Dallas, Texas being immune to Covid!

8 Likes

Super cool. Sounds like a blast !

2 Likes

I bought tickets a while back. Still undecided about going, but I’ll be on the lookout!

2 Likes

hard pass from me

Was great to finally meet @garyis2000 in person! Holding a BGS 10 Zard was pretty cool too I guess.

8 Likes

nice, a million in the right hand, a million in the left hand.

I stopped by briefly yesterday. the crowd was pretty good, but since we are still in the midst of the pandemic, it was a bit unsettling - def some folks were not wearing mask at all and 0 social distancing. i did get my 1st vaccine shot last week, so hopefully once i get my 2nd next month, i will be a bit more daring in May to do more public gathering…

however, it was great to see a lot of collectors come out. this is a bit different from regionals. a lot of graded slabs and vintage cards to be seen. i did buy myself a card to add to my shiny binder collection from Shining Fates.

all around, healthy event and a sign that pokemon is doing great!

4 Likes

“sigh” I wish I could have gone. I would love for something to come back to the East Coast. I did not really realize what was happening till it was too late the last time the EC had a convention like this. Hopefully soon!

3 Likes

You could have outrun him, just believe in yourself

22 Likes

I convinced @oldskoolpokemon to come Thursday night. We had a great time. We went non-stop the whole show.

Found a few great buys. There will be another in a few months (late summer).

4 Likes

Unless you wanted to just meet people everything had higher prices than eBay.

Are you going to that one? If I’m not working I may fly in, assuming I’ve had my vaccine shot by then.

1 Like