Hartford Connecticut Card Collectors Event

Who’s going!? I just booked my Greyhound (ughhhgh) tickets!

www.eventbrite.com/e/pokemon-card-collectors-event-at-the-hartford-regional-championships-tickets-57616215652

9 Likes

Extra deets:

Collecting-dedicated Vendors:
Ludkins Collectables
Kanto Live
The Charizard Authority
A booth with some independent vendors

Open Trade:
Any old school World’s attendees remembers the glory days of an open trading area. Not only do we have dedicated trading space, we will he putting out original WotC Journey Across America 6-person table mats so you can enjoy Pokemon the old school way.

Mini Museum:
For the first time ever outside of Japan, we will have a series of small displays showcasing interesting, rare, familiar, and unfamiliar trading cards from Pokemon’s history!

I have other stuff that’s being hashed out still, but I wanted to give you all a few of the things to look forward to in addition to the obvious greatness that is hanging with other serious collectors from around the world.

13 Likes

Hartford :open_mouth:
…US :sob:

Would have happily driven 3 hours to Hartford in the UK!
Sounds awesome though, I hope everyone who attends has a fantastic time.

5 Likes

I’ll be there! First event since 2015 worlds which is within driving distance…excited to see all the cool stuff and hang out with everyone who’s able to make it!

I’ll be there with the family sometime Saturday afternoon. Staying with a friend Saturday night about 15 minutes outside of Hartford so may swing back through Sunday morning on our way out too.

I’ve been ready for this one.
I’ll be there, with ssbm available in my hotel room should anyone wish to partake.

I’ll also be opening a Topps series 3 box with TCA on camera. Not sure when or where that will take place, but you guys are welcome to come and observe for sure.

3 Likes

Sounds great, if photos are allowed (@funmonkey54 ?) in the mini museum post some up those of you that are going :blush:

5 Likes

Photos are totally allowed. I’d just ask that people post them after the event has completed so as not to ruin the museum’s appeal in person at the beginning of the event.

2 Likes

I’ll be theeerrrrrreeeeeeeeee. Anyone else on here skateboard? I’m Looking to do some shredding while up there

1 Like

hartford cops will beat your ass lmfao. take it from a fellow connecticut resident. they don’t mess around if you skateboard on the streets

Laaaaaame. Thanks for the warning though dude, I appreciate it! I’m still gonna push my luck though haha. I looked online and there’s a few skateparks I can hit too though

Oh damn this is so close to me! Lemme check ye olde calendar to see if and when I’m able to attend!

1 Like

See you guys soon!

1 Like

Does anyone have pictures/videos to share from the event? I only saw a few pictures that @gemmintpokemon posted on Instagram, but would love to see what went on.

Edit: I found what I was looking for
Hartford Connecticut Collectors Convention Mini Museum Walkthrough! - YouTube

10 Likes

You’re welcome.

4 Likes

Were there any photos taken by anyone of what the vendors had?

Post more pictures of the event! Would love to attend some other time in the future :blush:

Also side note - does anyone know what these cards are and where they are from, etc. (the more information, the better).

1 Like

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Groundbreakers_(TFG)

Unreleased second set of the TFG. What Pokemon Duel mobile game was based on. Fun game!

1 Like

Check @gemmintpokemon’s walkthrough video on YouTube

2 Likes

Stupid question but would psa grade those sideways cards ?