Pokéauction

So I just got done watching smpratte’s new video (Buy it now vs bid auctions), and it got me thinking. I think it would be really cool if we had in person auctions with auctioneers for Pokémon cards. We could have a big auction once a year in a major city where all of us collectors could meet. We would plan ahead for these annual auctions and would be something to look forward to! Collectors could both buy and sell at these auctions. The auction would run something like a Friday- Sunday. We could rent out a community center or something like that. There would be food vendors and everything! (I’m just dreaming now lol) we would call it Pokéauction :blush:

2 Likes

Unfortunately though it is a fun idea I’m sure you know how impractical it would be.

Scheduling, logistics, travel expenses and all for highly limiting your buyer pool from that of ebay and achieving far lower realized net prices. Next best thing is to go to worlds and meet up with whomever you can after setting up trades/exchanges/sales beforehand.

2 Likes

Yeah very impractical, but if It was available, I myself would definitely go to this lol! Think it would be really cool to see the community in person. I don’t know anything about worlds, so maybe that would take the place of my unrealistic idea haha

It would be a fun experience! There are in person auctions for collectibles. I had an illustrator go in a live in person auction. Perhaps having a convention like worlds that would coincide with an auction.

3 Likes

Yea I think it would be a blast! I bet it was a exciting experience to sell your illustrator like that. The few in person auctions I’ve been to really got my adrenaline going. Add Pokémon to that mix and it would be euphoria!

1 Like

There are a lot of people on instagram that live stream whenever they are at a cardshop and people claim cards tha way for a small fee :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of conventions and real life events, is there a Pokécon and do people actually attend?

It’s basically just the World Championships every year (August I think?). Fortunately they have been domestic recently. Boston, San Francisco, Anaheim, and this year will be in Nashville if I’m not mistaken on any of those. Even though they are primarily tournaments a lot of people from this site (and tons of other collectors/fans) go for the whole experience.

1 Like

I never knew Worlds was not only for players. What else is there besides people competing? Maybe you could add little private auctions if they already don’t do that haha.

1 Like

This sounds fun! I might have to go!! Do you have any more info on worlds?

There’s a thread that will get more and more updated the closer it gets to the event. Just search Nashville and you should find it pretty easily.

1 Like