Pokemon TCG Corrupt-A-Wish Game

I don’t know if this has been done yet on the forum, but I figured that it’d be a fun game to play and a great discussion starter. For those of you who don’t know how it works, basically you’d grant the wish of the poster before you, but corrupt it in a way that makes it different than what they originally intended. After that, you make a wish, and the cycle repeats. For the sake of keeping things on topic, make your wishes Pokemon TCG related. :grin:

Here’s an example:

**User A:** I wish that I could have a copy of the Pikachu Illustrator.  
**User B:** Granted, but the Pikachu Illustrator has now been reprinted as a common card and every collector has a copy.   

I’ll start it off with a pretty well known wish of mine on the forum by this point:

I wish that the Pokemon Company will stop feeding OCD and finish partial trios that they’ve printed by giving us Suicune EX/FA, Moltres FA, Regirock / Registeel EX/FA, etc.

4 Likes

@areestee Great, but all the regular EX cards are illustrated by Eske Yoshinob and are so playable that they’re worth $75 each. Pokemon has also decided to add the Japanese lettering seen in Mega EXs to all EX and FA cards.

I wish they made true “ultra rare” cards featuring shiny Pokemon. For example, 1 in every 4196 (I think those are the odds) Darkrai EX/FAs would feature a shiny version. This would only be done for EX/FA cards.

2 Likes

im TOO Stupid to play this game…

@fourthstartcg your wish is only aloud to be true if they never make darkrai one of those true Ultra rare you talks about MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :grin:

I wish pokemoon company would make Ultra rare shinnies how they made them in the black and white days … sigh

2 Likes

Your wish comes true, ultra rare shinnies are now literally printed in black and white!

i wish to own a 1st edition base set booster box!

6 Likes

Thats fine, you get quadruples of Chansey, Hitmonchan and Clefairy.

I wish English cards would meet with Japanese production standards.

4 Likes

Your wish is granted, however they never release unique prints of English cards and every promo is just a Japanese reprint from henceforth.

I wish they stopped using 3D art or CGI and just stuck with illustration for all the card art.

2 Likes

Done but all the card art is too similar. Every card only features the mons face with a blank stare on it every time.

I wish the aud was competitive so aussies could return to being aggressive collectors (like pokemon syndicate)

2 Likes

Done but the only ghost type they ever print is ghastly. Ever…

The AUD is KING! but pokemonsyndicate has all the monrae so the Aussies can’t spend it

i wish pokemon was as popular as it was in 1999

3 Likes

Granted, but you are 8 and have no pocket money.

I wish cards were more accessible, and lowered in price.

6 Likes

@ozenigma

Your wish is my command however because of your insistence of lower prices and easier accessibility Pokemon as we know it gets bought out by Facebook as the cards and therefore the company is so cheap. Facebook also gets rid of physical cards and replaces them with virtual emoji Pokemon for the 40 somethings to send their kids to show them they are hip now.

I wish I had one english or japanese booster box to open per day of which the sets I get to open is rotated so eventually I get one of every booster box then it starts again. The booster boxes have normal pulls rates and condition according to usual rates

P.S

@fourthstartcg that “ultra rare” idea is freakin awesome! Would be so cool if that were a reality!

2 Likes

Great ideas so far, couldn’t ask for more. :grin: I just wanted to corrupt a few wishes as well since I didn’t get a chance.

@missingno I wish English cards would meet with Japanese production standards.

Granted, but PSA gets shut down and graded cards are no longer a thing.   

@reinasierpe I wish ghost was a type in the tcg.

Granted, but the ghost type is only given to Pokemon who aren't normally ghost type, Delta Species style.   

@snap I wish the aud was competitive so aussies could return to being aggressive collectors (like pokemon syndicate)

Granted, but international shipping on eBay is no longer available and thus always requires you to use a middleman service.   

@ozenigma I wish cards were more accessible, and lowered in price.

Granted, but holofoils no longer exist, and card quality is lowered to the point where they look like they're printed from an inkjet printer and cut out manually using safety scissors.   

@shizzlemetimbers I wish I had one english or japanese booster box to open per day of which the sets I get to open is rotated so eventually I get one of every booster box then it starts again. The booster boxes have normal pulls rates and condition according to usual rates

Granted, but all new holofoils/EXs/FAs from this point forward are promos not pullable from packs.   

Here’s another wish of mine: I wish that sets just never went out of print and boosters of everything would always be available.

4 Likes

Bro you just granted something even better! You were supposed to have corrupted it not make it better! haha :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Shucks, forgot my audience. You would like that. :relieved: It’s okay, I’m on the same boat too, but I know plenty of people would be terribly distraught if PSA ceased to exist. :blush:

1 Like

With this is “Never ending print” Pokemon eventually starts to become inflated, causing even the 1st Edition Shadowless Charizard to be worth a mere $10. People start to loose interest all together with every card being overly available, causing Nintendo to completely and permanently drop the Pokemon TCG.

Wish: I wish that Pokemon would release another form of E-series/VS series that goes hand in hand with 3DS and the video games. Or do a reprint of the the actual E-series instead, with all the newer generations, with Crystals still being the ultra rares.

6 Likes

@swolepoke Your wish is my command, but packs are only sold in Toys R Us to children ages 8 and below. They immediately jam all holos through a badly-designed eReader that creases the cards.

I wish PSA hired 100 new graders and as such decreased turnaround times by half.

4 Likes

Wow. Shizzlemetimbers the dream crusher!This sounds completely plausible and horrible.

P.s. Excuse my Tapatalk skills. I can’t figure out how to include gifs.

2 Likes

I agree, i cringed when i read that lol

2 Likes

Lol it is a fun game!

Granted, they put remakes of the last set onto the next one. That will continue for 10 years and on the 30th anniversary the set will be a mashup of those remakes.

I wish they would make a 151 card set called “The Beginning”(English)/“Kanto”(Japanese) including all Gen 1 Pokémon. Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, Lapras, Onix, Starmie, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Porygon, Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and Mew as Golden Bordered Full Arts.

1 Like