Card request thread - monkey paw edition

OK here’s something just for fun! You get to make a wish request of a dream card (or set) to create, but the next person in the thread will alter it “monkey paw” style.

E.g, Base set card set with printed autographs of the artists

Monkey paw: granted, but the autographs are ON the artwork

I’ll start the ball rolling, I wish for alt arts of item cards in use.

9 Likes

Ok, but all of them will be done by 5ban and there will be no texture.

I wish for e-reader cards with cosmos.

10 Likes

Granted, they will be reprinted with just a little anniversary symbol.

Soo, I wish for a new vending set, but based on hoenn biomes.

24 Likes

Well played sir

Oh-no-my-eyes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

7 Likes

Higher the Number, larger the stamp, lol

3 Likes

It is only underwater.

I wish for a set consisting of pokemon with real popular attractions around the world.

3 Likes

The popular attractions are all sites of atrocities, like Auschwitz or Ground Zero.

I wish we had a set themed around time travel, with Celebi or Dialga appearing in the background of lots of card artwork depicting different periods of history.

7 Likes

Granted, but all the time periods are represented with naturalistic backgrounds and environments that are indistinguishable from any other time period.

I wish for card sets to return to WotC-style sequencing by rarity instead of the modern set numbering by type.

6 Likes

Fine, you’ll get your WotC sequencing. But now circle is rare, star is uncommon and diamond is common. Muahahaha!

I want a Hoenn-exclusive set with vintage galaxy holos.

8 Likes

reported

14 Likes

The whole set will just be Spinda, with every card having a slightly different red blotch pattern.

I want promo cards to have a more regional / country theme that it would represent (similar to world Pikachu) just on a much larger scale.

Cheers!

9 Likes

Fine, all promos are now created themed on various countries, but are all now racist stereotypes.

I want Mega EX cards to return.

4 Likes

Okay, Mega EX return but only Mega Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise in a Gen1 nostalgia hype grab promo box

I want another Southern Islands style set

3 Likes

1 Like

Sure you get Southern Island but it’s referring to the Island Latios and Latias are seen at in game and it’s only features reprints of their weakest arts

I want Delta Species back

7 Likes

Hasn’t this happened? Just they have to wear silly hats…

4 Likes

Similar idea but completely different style.

You get Delta Species but every card is a Rainbow Rare full art.

I would like a card set based on some Pokemon games like the Pokemon Rumble set.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Monkey paw in real life

5 Likes

Granted. There will be a new Pokemon Trozei set produced by Topps

I want every Pokemon card in a set to have a shiny art variant that can be pulled in 1:8192 booster packs

4 Likes