Pokémon Switch

Yeah I really hope they keep the design as far away from Pokemon Go as possible. Pokemon Go works well as a mobile game but I don’t want to play mobile games on a gaming console.

2 Likes

I really hope those are just some random 3ds titles they are working on. And the switch game is still secret.

Rip.
Lol

Aside from despising mobile games and desperately not wanting Pokemon Go to have any serious connection to main series games, what worries me most is how the leaked image from the Switch game looks like 3DS graphics.

Agreed, I hope this is some sort of spinoff and not the “core RPG Pokemon game” they mentioned last year, but that’s starting to seem unlikely. Really anything that mentions Pokemon Go makes me nervous.

On the other hand, I was really looking forward to Pokemon Go until it launched - so best case scenario, maybe this will be a chance to see what some of the PoGo mechanics could be like without Niantic around. Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself to keep some hype alive.

1 Like

I think this might just be a PR method to spark some new life into PoGo and at the same time recruite some new players for their new game. There are alot of people playing PoGo that never had any interest in Pokémon in general. This is a great way to move them to another platform AND make everyone play PoGo by making them think that everything they do in PoGo will give them an advantage in the new game.

Does this make sence? Trying to write this as good as it sounds in Norwegian lol.

I have been playing all Pokémon games through the years and I am pretty interested in marketing and communication. Nintendo/The Pokémon Company are REALLY good at plying their cards right and it seems they always have a reason with everything they do.

The classic:“Why are they doing this!? This is stupid! Doesn’t make sense!”

One year later: “I get it now… That’s one hell of a smart move!*Amazed*”

Odyssey, Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart are must buys. Big fan of Binding of Issac so got that too. Switch was definitely worth the purchase even without Pokemon. Really hope Gamefreak mix things up significantly and I am sure it will be :grin:

1 Like

www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/8n4em7/pok%C3%A9mon_press_event_megathread/

Alright alright!!!

1 Like

It’s here boys!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts

Mjisaacs

2 Likes

Honestly this is the worst version of the game I could have imagined come to life in a trailer.

2 Likes

I’m really hoping that the lack of gameplay mechanics shown was simply that they are still working through some of those elements. Because I could barely tell what the battles will be like and that’s the most important part imo. It did feel quite bare.

I really hope I’m not required to go outside to play this ffs

2 Likes

It looks like an $80 mobile game, which if you look back at page 2 is exactly what I didn’t want.

But yeah, it’s still early so I can’t make any absolute judgment.

Yeah I’m quick to judge the simplicity of it as being a bit bare, but that trailer didn’t tell us most of the details that will ultimately make or break the title.

My nostalgia meter is off the charts though. Either way, I’m really excited for this!

The leaks were literally spot-on, right down to the screenshot of the player on a Lapras with Eevee on head.

Theres a core RPG coming mid 2019 so thats a relief .

3 Likes

I actually think it looks good for their target audience. I have no problem with a more casual game that integrates Pokémon go.

5 Likes

If these games are casual then what does that make SM/USUM? Because those were the biggest hand holding Pokemon games of all time, so much so that I’ll never bother with Gen 7 again. I hope that the 2019 game is less kid friendly… TPCI/Gamefreak need to realize that so much of the fan base is now grown adults.

Q&A just began. First answer is that LGP and LGE will basically only have 151 but also include Aurora Pokemon.

Wild Pokemon battles do not exist in LGP and LGE :disappointed_relieved: But you can battle other trainers they said.

Pokemon CEO:

-Let’s Go P/E are more focused on home gaming, but next year’s games will be more about handheld elements

-Next year’s game (second half 2019) will be brand new game. So not like an upgrade of LGP/LGE

-No online features planned for Let’s Go. So only local multiplayer

-Constant internet connection NOT required to play Let’s Go P/E

-Nintendo engineers helped make the Pokeball. The idea was to create the closest thing possible to an actual Pokeball that really felt like it has a Pokemon inside. Bless :sob:

source: twitter.com/ynakamura56

1 Like

To me this seems like an attempt to bring those who play GO into the main series games. Despite the trolls saying Pokemon Go is dead, the massive playerbase is probably more than any other Pokemon game to date. That being said, we need to temper our expectations. Seems like Pokemon Go for the switch, with a few tweaks.

That being said, very hyped for the 2019 game. They knew this game would disappoint the hardcore fans. Now we know exactly when to expect a massive reveal and full Pokemon hype train.

3 Likes

What aurora Pokémon?
Mjisaacs