New Mainline Pokemon Game Announced for Nintendo Switch

With absolutely no information about it, and def at least 2018 :zipper_mouth_face:

not like anyone would expect much different, but it is pretty cool news. I’m sure that sheds some extra like on Ultra Sun and Moon as less ambitious than some people were hoping for… but hey we are actually getting the switch game we wanted

2 Likes

Source

Looks like I will have to pick up a switch eventually.

1 Like

A ton of excellent Nintendo switch games announced and revealed today at E3

1 Like

Interesting how it wasn’t revealed on Nintendo Direct. However, this is very very exciting! :grin:

my guess is so poke tournment game sells well, but who knows.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE.

Hell yeah. I haven’t owned a nintendo home console since the snes but this is gonna change all that.

2 Likes

If they actually make a full migration of mainline rpg releases from handhelds to home consoles that’s frickin HUGE. It would literally redefine the series. They were initially called “pocket monsters” for a reason.

If they do that, it would kill 3DS.

As well as any other Nintendo handheld make ever again. Any Nintendo handheld without Pokemon just isn’t worth buying. Not sure if they meant the switch game is going to be the MAIN game or if its just another Stadium, Colosseum, Revolution etc.

If they progressed on the switch concept with the changeable TV to handheld design and advanced its portability, I could see them doing away with handhelds completely and just centralizing all-in-one consoles down the road. It would probably be the gamer’s dream to be able to only have to buy one system for all their new Nintendo titles but it would probably mean less money for Nintendo so that means it will never happen.

I don’t think that is very realistic guys. Nintendo’s handheld library is far superior to their console one o_0 with an ENORMOUS amount of amazing third party support.

if you like rpgs the DS and 3DS are some of, if not the best systems to have for it.

It’s about time… So how many attachments and or accessories am I going to need to purchase in order to play it?

It will be a main game. Switch is a hybrid console so the pokemon will be your pocket monsters. if you think 3ds will have a successor, you are in denial. Bring on Pokemon on Switch :grin:

1 Like

Bold claim friendo! But it would be a natural progression for them to make, or else face stagnation. I mean the Switch is really what sets Nintendo apart from the others right now. This e3 is probably the best convention they’ve had in years, the general consensus seems to be that they were the star of the show for once. It would make sense for them to capitalize on it.

1 Like

Well I kinda saw this coming. Thankfully 2018 is the earliest it will come out so I’m not so mad if I have to get a Switch for a main line Pokemon game as by that time as the price of the console surely comes down a bit and it would be a decent time since my last Nintendo console purchase by then, too (bought a Nintendo 3DS in 2013 to play X&Y).

Switch surely is going to give a lot of new possibilities for Game Freak as Nintendo 3DS’ capacity has been more or less limited. I’m excited to see what they’ll come up with :blush:

1 Like

www.theverge.com/2017/4/28/15476132/nintendo-3ds-2ds-future-reggie-fils-aime-interview

"Nintendo predicts it will sell another 6 million in 2017, compared to 10 million for the much newer Switch. "

Reminded me of a reddit post. gif - E3 2017

I will eat a wii mote if they bring out a 3ds successor

1 Like

If they do, will you film it?

I mean they obviously eventually will make a new designated handheld…clearly they still care about it as a separate market as they are releasing the new 2ds in july and are still developing games for it even now. many were announced at e3…

1 Like