Pokemon Spooktober Thread!

Welcome to the
~ Pokemon Spooktober Thread ~

The place for all scary and spooky things in Pokemon!

Hey all, with Halloween being near and this being my 666th post, I thought this would be a nice opportunity to take a look on the dark side of our hobby. First off, let’s set the mood with with the original 1996 Lavender town theme. Listener discretion is advised, since supposedlythere have been hundreds of Japanese child suicides linked to this tune :open_mouth:

In this thread you can post all the evil, twisted Pokemon related stuff that is just too vile for everyday e4.

May it be artworks like Hypno eating dreams or mind-controlling Clefairy’s…

… may it be dark lore of vicious Pokemon that steal children,
or may it be real life bone-chilling stuff like PSA’s bulk turnaround times…

hit us with all the scary Pokemon stories, experiences, artworks, lore etc. you’ve got in store!

25 Likes

“That white hand on your shoulder, it’s not real.”

2 Likes

Japanese Sabrina’s Gengar.

That is all.

1 Like

Happy Spooktober everyone! Keep an eye out for ghosts…

2 Likes

it’s gourgeist’s time to shine

14 Likes

I’ve shared these in the past, but figured I’d share them again since we have a lot of new members and it’s fitting. :blush:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7rHbHiHyo8

This guy on Instagram makes some pretty nightmare-inducing Pokémon as well: www.instagram.com/davidszilagyiart/ (also shared along with some others in this thread: www.elitefourum.com/t/pokemon-your-worst-nightmare/28693/1)

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

My favorite

Another awesome one

14 Likes

This isn’t very scary, but I’ve loved this art ever since I was a kid. It’s so cool!! Really makes me wish there was flavor text on Trainer cards lol

8 Likes

2 Likes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82OjN_uoo8

1 Like

Too scary for even this thread

1 Like

Great thread! @muk lavender town vibes really brought back memories!

2 Likes

Omg I love that so much. Old times!

1 Like

6 Likes

#DittoIsAFailedMewClone

Whenever I think of spooky, all I can think of is that sad Cubone who lost their mother.

1 Like

Another one worth posting again which I forgot about:

This one I bought a few years back from Houndooom (although it looks like he deleted his IG). Puts the attack ‘Gnaw’ in a whole new perspective. :wink:

Some other examples of his work I found through google:

Greetz,
Quuador

15 Likes

Shedinja (S4 Volt Tackle) literally has a dead person on it! Curious to see if this will be changed for Vivid Voltage.

Pokemon Ruby Pokedex entry - “SHEDINJA’s hard body doesn’t move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this POKéMON will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.”

5 Likes

No matter how many times I look at this photo I cannot understand the perspective lol. Where is the rest of the mans body? Why is there a large piece of fur behind shedinja? What is happening?

Who knows what goes on in Komiya’s head. He must have been fun to party with in College!

3 Likes