Pokemon Go Fest Disaster Event (Lugia, Articun- Chicago 7/22

Hi guys!

I wanted to keep you guys updated with anything related to the Pokemon Go Fest Event in Chicago at Grand Park on July 22nd. Last time it was mentioned I didn’t see anyone being able to get tickets except for me so I wanted to post some general info to keep everyone informed since it’s kinda related to the hobby.

Here are the wristbands :heart_eyes: -They have a 7-digit code behind the Pokemon logo.

Here is the side view :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are the instructions for the event that they mailed :slightly_smiling_face:

FYI: Mine are not for sale, I repeat, they are not for sale. I am waiting for my cousin to confirm that he’s going with me, behind him is one of my best friend who is also not sure. If they both say no, anyone who is driving up there can show up with me and can get the 2nd one for free if everything else fails. :blush:

4 Likes

I am hoping the tickets go down in price. My mother plans on going to chicago at the time and I would love to find them a lot cheaper.

Does anyone know if anyone is selling them for cheaper. around 100 is fine for me.

1 Like

Is the code for in game use?

The instructions say that they need to be registered on the website with your name and contact info. They will be scanned at the gate (like a ticket). There is also mention of being used in case of a emergency and if a child gets lost, they can scan the info and help find his or her parent/guardian. So far, there is no info of using the actual code with the game.

1 Like

if it is for the kids they should of used some thick stuff so they cant be cut off easliy. if someone tried to kidnap them

1 Like

I don’t think the bands would be for that purpose unfortunately. Unless all the bands have a gps transmitter or something in them xD

They can be scanned not tracked by the security team to know the information of the child. So if a kid it’s lost the security guard can scan the wristband to know the parent’s info.

It would be a great purpose since it is a kids game after all, but Yeah just in case they get lost in the crowed they can get easily be found and call the parent and blah blah blah

I wonder if the code will be required in game to prevent access to the event by GPS spoofers and botters? That would be cool because it would bum out a lot of spoofers. I am sure they will be EXTRMELY rampant in the raids if they are not blocked somehow.

1 Like

There is a lot that they are still not revealing so I’m sure they’ll have something like that. So far, they have only confirmed the Team Lounges, the Photo Ops, the special 2km eggs, the Medal and some Challenges and Rewards. There is also something about Sprint and Boost Mobile users getting in an hour early :unamused: , apparently they don’t want anyone getting in early cause the picked Sprint and Boost Mobile :laughing: .

1 Like

Sprint, one of the sponsors, is planning four events at its stores around Chicago where they’ll raffle off “a couple hundred” of the elusive general-entry wristbands, Sprint spokeswoman Yui Namiki said via email.

Sprint is also giving away several thousand early-entry wristbands for players to get into the fest an hour early, she said. She declined to say exactly how many of each kind of pass the company would have, but said they would be “divided pretty evenly” between stores.

The events will be held at these Chicago Sprint Stores:

• 4800 W. Irving Park Road, noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 15.

• 100 W. Randolph St. (the James R. Thompson Center), noon to 4 p.m. Thursday, July 20.

• 239 S. Halsted St., noon to 4 p.m. Friday, July 21.

• 24 E. Randolph St., 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, July 21.

www.chicagotribune.com/bluesky/originals/ct-bsi-pokemon-go-fest-tickets-20170712-story.html

1 Like

Hey guys some quick updates before I fly tomorrow to Chicago…

Saw this online and it’s bothering me… Autograph Sessions? With Who??? I was hoping it was gonna be a tank top/board-shorts day since there is rain announced.

Also, there are some sketchy ass challenges being announced in regards to the final Mystery Challenge. I’ll keep you guys updated on Saturday when I am there :blush:

I heard you can catch lugia now as your first legendary

That’s the rumor, however, that’s because of a screenshot that shows a lugia medal (but this medal could be representative of all legendary Pokémons). What’s being confirmed is that if we finished the chanllenges at Grand Park, whatever legendary gets unlocked for us, it will start appearing around the world too in legendary raids.

The event is a disaster! Servers are down, no wifi. CEO getting booed off stage!

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen the posts all over reddit. RIP GO FEST

Dang that sucks :confused:
Sorry to hear

Hahaha what?? The CEO booed off stage? You would think that at its first even you would workout all the bugs and glitches :confused:

It’s just like the release of Pokemon GO all over again

I heard people getting refunds but what about those ho bought tickets from a reseller, thanks for the update