Pokémon Center Taipei Grand Opening Pikachu Promo (Traditional Chinese)

In celebration of the upcoming Pokémon Center grand opening in Taipei (Taiwan) on December 8 2023, Pikachu in Taipei promos will be distributed. This will be the first Pokémon Center Pikachu promo released in Traditional Chinese

057/SV-P Pikachu in Taipei (illus. REOspikee) new artist

https://x.com/reo_spikee?s=21

"Trainers, pay attention! To celebrate the opening of Pokémon Center TAIPEI (Pikachu in Taipei), a special commemorative card “Pikachu in Taipei” will be issued in Pokémon Center Taipei and Xinyi New World in Taipei and Xinguang Sanyue Taipei from 12/8 (Fifth).

Trainers, don’t miss this special card full of local atmosphere!

The rules for issuing special cards are as follows:

Pike Dream Center Taipei

Collection method: Anyone who makes a purchase at Pokémon Center Taipei can get a special promo card

Time and place: Taipei checkout counter of Pokémon Center 12/8 (five) ~ While supplies last

Xinguang Sanyue Taipei Xinyi New World

Collection method: With the Xinguang Sanyue APP (bound member), or the unlimited amount of paper sales details of Xinguang Sanyue Taipei Xinyi Xintiandi, you can get a special card.

Time and place (daily distribution time is from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.):

・A9 Hall 9F Gift Office 12/8 (V)~12/12 (II)

・A8 Hall B1 Secret Base 12/8 (Fri)~12/15 (Fri)

・A11 Hall 6F Gift Office 12/8 (Fri) ~ While supplies last

・A4 Hall 3F VIP Center 12/8 (Fri) ~ While supplies last

・A9 Hall 8F Gift Office 12/13 (III) ~ While supplies last

・A8 Hall 7F Gift Office 12/16 (Six) ~ While supplies last

※ During the activity period, each person is limited to one special card, and each consumption is limited to one. The same sales details cannot be exchanged repeatedly. Customers who receive the Xinguang Sanyue APP (bound) are limited to one exchange during the period of the same member ID activity.

※You can’t get the special card from the sales details opened by Pokémon Center Taipei or non-Xinguang Sanyue Taipei Xinyi Xintiandi.

※ The details of issuance and the business hours of each point are subject to the information provided by Xinguang Sanyue Taipei Xinyi Xintiandi site and App.

※The number of special cards is limited, while supplies last. Please forgive me for the release time, distribution point and other activities without notice."

25 Likes

Nicest pika pokemon centre promo released

I’ll take 10.

Oh boy another promo…hoping my fomo won’t kick in :sweat_smile:
I wonder if the Van Gogh madness will spill over to Taiwan. Hopefully its not too chaotic over there

3 Likes

@quuador How strict are you on your “only english and japanese pikachu” collection nowadays? Do you still dabble in other languages for exclusive releases or are you strict with it and keep to your stated goals? Just wondering how strong the urge is to keep trying for that completion when its not too far out of the way to get.

2 Likes

It’s actually, ‘only English in all variations; one of each Japanese artwork ignoring stamp/holo variations; one of each non-English/non-Japanese exclusive artworks; with the exception of the Base Set reprints, which I still get in all languages and variations’. :wink:

The “non-English/non-Japanese exclusive artworks” applies almost never though, since I’m only aware of a couple of artworks that weren’t released in the two main languages. If this Traditional Chinese promo is one of those, I’ll defintely try to get it. But it’s plausible it’ll release in other languages (maybe Japanese) later on perhaps? :thinking:

But I indeed try to remain strict outside of those boundaries for Pikachu releases after February 27th, 2021. I also don’t really have an urge to stop that and start collecting everything again, since I’m very likely already 250+ non-English/non-Japanese Pikachu releases behind by now. :rofl: And after I just bought a house and still have some other active collections (FA Supporter/CHR and non-TCG Seviper, most notably), I’m actually even happier I’ve adjusted my collection goals for Pikachu at the 25th anniversary. :slight_smile:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

Card looks great and the stamp with the Dragonite is cool too. Hope to get a few. Anyone have any Taiwan sources? Hope we one day get special delivery Dragonite.

Special delivery Dragonite:

I’ll have to visit the Taipei Pokemon Center one day when I make a trip back to Taiwan!

4 Likes

I did not know that there is a Pokemon Center opening in Taiwan. I will be in Taiwan next year a couple of days before I go to Japan, so I think I’ll have to visit it. The Promo looks amazing!

Why is it pikachu again? Why not Mew? Why Pokémon center Singapore didn’t have any promo?? :disappointed_relieved:

Probably to do with which branch, TPC International handles English product in Singapore. TPC Japan prints Traditional Chinese tcg for Taiwan/HK, and has an ongoing tradition of opening Pokémon Centers with exclusive Pikachu promos featuring the city’s mascot (Dragonite). 2020’s Kanazawa promos also included its mascot Milotic and Sobble, but there is almost always a Pikachu

7 Likes

I do wish for an entire era, that yellow rodent doesn’t appear on any card.

1 Like

As an always tired, broke Pikachu species collector I agree with you lmao

4 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna need this.

Same. :sweat_smile: But an entire era or even a year without a Pikachu is never going to happen.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

The other items that will be for sale:

I can do a proxy service for certain items but I doubt the card is possible to get. I imagine the first weekend will be insane.

I guess this might be the full picture for the Pikachu promo card?

Looks like there is only A4 paper or something with this art on it.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s one of the clear files, the Pikachu-only promo art is probably by TPC’s intent

Anyone else picking up the promo on eBay? $49 seemed like a decent price, so I ordered one.

We’re planning to visit Taipei in April, but the chance of them still having this promo then is close to zero.

I got tons. I will not say the price publicly because I am going to flip some but I do not suggest people to pay more than 30$ each.
Just BELIEVE ME .

3 Likes