New Pokemon Center Opening in Kanazawa - TCG Promos

www.pokeguardian.com/520854_special-box-pokemon-center-kanazawa-open-memorial-revealed-free-kanazawa-s-pikachu-pokemon-center-promo

Pokemon Center Kanazawa will open soon on November 20, 2020. In commemoration of this day, a special box will be released. This box is called the Pokémon Card Game Sword & Shield Special BOX Pokemon Center Kanazawa Open Memorial. Also a free Kanazawa’s Pikachu Pokémon Center promo will be given out if you visit Pokémon Center Stores, more details are found below.

This special box, which features exclusive Pokémon Center Kanazawa artwork will be released at Pokémon Centers in Japan. It will cost 4,640 yen + tax and release on November 20, 2020.

It contains:

3x Rebellion Crash packs

3x Infinity Zone packs

3x Astonishing Volt Tackle packs

3x Explosive Walker packs

3x Legendary Heartbeat packs

4x Shiny Star V packs

1x Promo card 145/S-P “Milotic” (Mirrorfoil)

1x Promo card 146/S-P “Sobble” (Mirrorfoil)

1x Promo card 147/S-P “Kanazawa’s Pikachu” (Mirrorfoil)

1x Card Storage box

1x Deck Sleeves Kanazawa store opening commemoration (64 sleeves)

20 Likes

Beautiful artwork! Especially the Pikachu Promo :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Very cool box. I will get some probably.

For clarity, 2 versions of the Kanazawa’s Pikachu will be made available:

1 is free as a pokecen stamped holofoil (144/S-P) promo

1 is included as a mirrorfoil (reverse) (147/S-P) promo in the special box without stamp, which is free if you visit the pokemon center stores nationally in Japan.

1 Like

That fem pikachu card looks so colorful :heart_eyes:

What an amazing looking Pika. Beautiful.

This artwork looks so beautiful. This is an incredible box and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted on getting my own. Though the Pikachu outshines the other promos, they look pretty damn good on their own as well - love the use of color on these cards:

6 Likes

Those are some great promos! Incredible artwork on them all! Im getting a lot of these boxes for sure

These are very nice! love the art.

Where does one get one of these boxes when they become available? Buyee?

That sealed box will make a fine addition to my collection!

best way for doing this?

Ebay or amazon japan im guessing, I have not seen the boxes for sale yet. Overpriced pre-orders for the promo is out on ebay tho

These promos are gorgeous. But I’m going to have a tough time even cracking a box to get to them. Incredible artwork all around.

Would love to open one for my YouTube channel - Anyone got a store/link that can beat eBay prices? :blush:

Has anyone been able to receive one yet? If so how much and from where?

Unsure whether to wait for restock or bite the bullet for the scalper prices.

1 Like

I was only really interested in the promos, but no one seems to be selling those for much less than the boxes, so I went ahead and bought one (I paid 17000 JPY. That will go up considerably after shipping/fees etc. but still less than current ebay prices). Yes it stings paying so much more, especially so shortly after release, but there currently isn’t really an alternative.

Will prices come down slightly in the short term? Possibly, but I don’t mind paying slightly more to get one now. My understanding is that these boxes don’t get re-releases (someone else could confirm/deny), and scalpers gonna scalp, but only time will tell if I get hosed :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Pokemon have confirmed more supply. People need to stop being so scared of missing out, modern product is not ”limited” and Pokemon wont stop print if the demand is high

1 Like

I’ve purchased 3 of the card itself but never even heard about this box, would of loved to get my hands on one it has such beautiful artwork!

With a sample size of one box, my promos had chipping on the back, likely 9s. Fairly similar to lots of the shiny cards from Shiny Star V. Would be great to know if others have opened some promos already & interesting to see if the “cut quality” is better on the reproduction.

Prices are crazy. Bought a box for 200 which I think is still overpriced. I think the the pikachu promo in the box will be more a lot more expensive than the free promo in the long run. The artwork also is a lot nicer than the more recent Pokémon center box releases.