Pokemon Center Okinawa Opening (August 11, 2022)

PCJ-Okinawa opens tomorrow, the main mascots of which are Pikachu and Arcanine/Windie

For anyone more experienced with PCJ openings, do you think there will be an Okinawa box or commemorative card? The idea of Arcanine and Pikachu on the same promo card is making me salivate.

1 Like

Considering their track record I think a promotional box or at least a card is guaranteed. The playmat they’ve already shown is absolutely gorgeous, and I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled. Arcanine is such a great mascot for this release :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For now, they will have a cool set of official merchandisise (card sleeves, playmat, etc) but I didnt see any card yet announced

Key artwork

Merchandise

3 Likes

I really wanted that playmat, and yet…

Would a commemorative box be available online or only in person at PCJ’s? This is the first opening I’ve tracked so closely, mainly because of the Arcanine involvement and Okinawa being a dream destination for me

2 Likes

They sold out so quick…

1 Like

I need to head down to Okinawa and get me some merch!

By the way, for anyone wondering why Arcanine is the mascot it’s because it closely represents one of the symbols of Okinawa, the shisha.

Hey um, if you uh… see any commemorative cards or boxes…

So typically if there is a new Center opening up, they will have limited edition merchandise.
If you look at Osaka or Fukuoka their grand reopenings had jumbo cards. But not always!

When Yokohama rebranded and had sailor pikachus from the pirate, there was no change or promotional cards!

Just picked up my set of merch off Y!J so thanks for this post!

(for those looking - use the keyphrase pokemon center followed by either okinawa in kanji or katakana for your best bets!)

ポケモンセンター

沖縄
オキナワ

3 Likes

i really want that playmat, it’s beautiful… i don’t use proxy services and the only ones one ebay are like $120 CAD :frowning: anyone got tips for how i could get one for a reasonable price? thanks

That playmat is giving me some Southern Island vibes, I need it!

2 Likes