Pokemon 20th Anniversary Merchandise Thread

Figured I should start a new thread for general Pokemon merchandise in honor of the 20th anniversary since there seems to be so much stuff coming out it’s overwhelming. I’d like to start it off by mentioning that the Japanese Pokemon Center online shop is reopening on February 16th.

www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2016/02/160205_p01.html?i001=news

First piece of merchandise advertised is an official set of Kanto Gym Badges for 19,440 yen ($170 USD).

SPOILER: Click to show

Another thing I’d like to add is that they’ve announced a Red/Green Nendoroid set to be released on July 9th. It’s a Pokemon Center Japan Exclusive for now, although seeing how the previous Pokemon Nendoroids have seen releases on the US Pokemon Center website, I’m not too worried. Preorders run from February 27th-March 31st for the Japanese release. 7500 yen (~$65 USD)

SPOILER: Click to show

www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2016/02/160205_p03.html?i001=news

For the Pokemon 20th Anniversary Products announced for the US thus far, see: www.pokemon20.com/en-us/products.html

1 Like

THOSE BADGES ARE AMAZING

But the priiiiiiice. D:

1 Like

But Amazing :blush: lol

2 Likes

Yeah as awesome as the badge set is, it’s hard to justify the price tag when I just managed to get a quality set of Kanto/Johto badges for 25 bucks on eBay two weeks ago. And thus arises the debate over official merchandise vs fanmade/bootleg goods again…

1 Like

The price tag is steep yes, but I like how these are actually 3D. All of the fan made ones I find are either completely flat or are not shaped properly. :confused:

I wouldn’t argue with the quality at all. I was just a bit caught off guard by the price, which I expected would be much lower.

1 Like

Link for the badges?

in the original post :blush:

www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2016/02/160205_p01.html?i001=news

I can’t read japanese >.<

Just saw this on the twitter side bar, massive news! I remember when they closed the online shop a long time ago. It is great they are doing well enough to open back up, can’t wait!

2 Likes

I really want to purchase those badges like NOW! can someone help me?

1 Like

But… it’s not the 20th anniversary of Pokemon in the United States. So why is the Pokemon Company pretending like it is?

(Hint: We all know the real answer.)

2 Likes

I don’t think you can purchase them immediately. But you might talk to @japanime about having a deal middle-manned for you. :blush:

1 Like

@japanime help me out yes?

Sure, just PM me. I’m happy to help anyone who wants to try to get some of this stuff.

(Thanks, @churlocker, for the endorsement!)

2 Likes

Does anyone know if Generations set will be available in a Booster box? Instead of $6US packs.

No they won’t be. The promotional material confirms this. Only in promotional boxes.

Just a quick reminder: postings featuring unlicensed Pokemon products will be removed. As a forum we do not condone the advertisement, intentional or not, of fake or unlicensed Pokemon products made available for purchase.

1 Like

Red/Pikachu concept art for an upcoming figure from Kotobukiya revealed at Wonder Festival

CLICK TO VIEW PIC

Not *new* news, but G.E.M. series Ash/Misty from Megahouse were also announced for May, adding to the Jessie/James figures coming out in February/April respectively.

CLICK TO VIEW PIC